Chapter 08: Blood & Potions

— 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟑

— 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟑

        Before you knew it, you were already starting your third year. Over the previous months, you've surprisingly grown fond of the Marauders company. You still preferred to stay out of their feud with Severus, yet somehow you started to develop your own special relationship with each one of them.

        On days when Peter was on the verge of tears trying to figure out a way to complete his homework, you'd step in to help. James had recently joined the Quidditch team, and when no one else was interested to listen to what he'd learned during practice, you were there to give him your full attention, absorbing each of his dramatic retelling.

        You constantly exchanged books with Remus, reading in the common room, and when it was too loud for both your liking, you'd relax by the Black Lake; enjoying each other's company in silence. Sirius always runs to you for girl advice all the while still attempting to test run pickup lines on you, and failing because you always managed to respond with a snarky comeback.

        You had to frequently apologise to Lily, Marlene, and Severus when you and the Marauders needed to help Remus with the upcoming full moon every month. Lily was always somehow understanding and you were grateful for it. Marlene was only jealous because you spent more time with Sirius than she did, and started to think if you guys were a thing which you profusely denied. And Severus only grew to dislike your spending time with them.

        Your bond with the Marauders may have grown deeper, having shared Remus' secret. However, you still kept a secret of your own; you hadn't admitted to the strange dreams you've been having. It was peculiar how you'd have the same dream, and still be so different.

        It was always in the same forest — judging by the trees you've grown to be familiar with. It was like you were exploring it — living in it — as if it was your own home to wander. You never managed to understand if there was any hidden meaning behind it or if you were simply going mad.

        "Shouldn't Remus be back from his y'know by now?" Peter's eyes wander the morning rush of the Great Hall, looking through the blonde waves that hung over the side of his face.

        One thing you couldn't get over though, was how quickly everyone's appearance had changed over the summer. It was hard to believe the boys you once called dorks were now — you admit to yourself — actually good-looking. Surprisingly, their new image didn't faze you, especially when their personalities hadn't changed along with it.

        What you did mind though was how everyone in your year constantly gawked at them like they were eye candy. It was hard to hide when you always hung around the Marauders.

        "He should be." You munched on your ham sandwich on one hand while holding a copy of One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi textbook on the other, "Or else we'll be late for first period."