Chapter 6

It was the next day since Lucifer, Chloe, and Irisia had spoken to A.J. Brookson. A.J. had been arrested for the drugs and was now out on bail awaiting trial. And since he didn't seem to know anything else regarding Nina's case, then he was out of Lucifer and Chloe's lives.

Chloe and Lucifer were sitting at The detective's desk, going over the paperwork. Well, Chloe was going over the paperwork while Lucifer mostly spun around in his chair and complained.

"This is boring!" Lucifer said for the umpteenth time.

"This is detective work, Lucifer. It's not all running into gunfire and interrogating suspects. Besides, until we can get a warrant, we have to wait before we can speak to anyone at the hospital Nina worked with."

Lucifer sighed dramatically and picked up the Rubik's cube on Chloe's desk to play with. "Besides, don't you have a night-club to run?" Chloe asked without looking up from the paperwork in her hands. "Oh, no. The manager I hired is doing a splendid job. Besides, I can think of some things that are much more fun."

Lucifer says flirtatiously as he rubs his hand on Chloe's thigh under the desk. Chloe did exactly what Lucifer hoped she would and blushed. But she didn't remove his hand right away since no one seemed to notice or care.

Everyone had figured out within the first few days that they were together, so the two now constantly got knowing looks from co-workers. And Chloe had received more than a few jealous ones.

But neither of them could find it within themselves to care. Chloe was just about to disappoint her boyfriend and say that she still had more paperwork to get through when she spotted his sister walking towards them.

"You've got to be kidding." Lucifer turned his eyes to the direction Chloe was looking and saw Irisia walking in.

Today she was wearing a flowing white dress suit with black stripes, and small black heals. She was carrying a business like black binder in her hands as she strode towards them.

She wordlessly dropped the binder in front of Chloe on top of all the paperwork. Irisia wore a smug smile as the two shared a confused look. Chloe took the binder, opened it, and read the contents of the documents inside.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Chloe repeated, but this time with much more surprise. "What is it, Detective?" Lucifer asked.

She was too shocked to speak, so she just handed him the binder to read himself. Lucifer's jaw dropped when he read it. Then he read it again since he couldn't believe it the first time.

"Police consultant? Your a police consultant now?!"

Lucifer asked his sister, his voice mixed with shock and annoyance. "Yes." Was all Irisia answered. Growing more smug by the second and completely enjoying this.

"How did you even manage to do this?" Chloe asked in complete bewilderment. "My brother here isn't the only one who can use his mojo for persuasion."

Irisia said vaguely, remembering how she had blackmailed that judge. Turns out, secret affairs can do a number on the human conscience. Which is surprising, since humans consistently have so many affairs, and would do anything to keep them secret. Just another thing for Irisia to add to the pile of* 'Things about mortals that make zero sense.'* Since she had arrived on earth, the pile has been consistently growing larger by the minute.

"No!" Lucifer said, on the verge of shouting.
"No, no, no, no,no,no, and did I forget to mention, NO!"

Several people throughout the precinct turned their heads at the sudden commotion. Lucifer stood up out of his chair, about to make a much bigger scene, then Chloe took hold of his arm. "No, we're not having this talk here." She steered him in the direction of the interrogation room since at the moment it was unoccupied.