"It's not jealousy, I just- I just don't trust her. Not because you two fucked but there's just this little voice in my head telling me she's bad news."

"She's completely harmless." he gently clutched her chin, "and quite daft most of the times, that girl can't tell which end of her wand is the one where spells are cast out of."

They both laughed when Lyra turned to walk away Tom pulled her from both sides of her waist tenderly kissing her neck multiple times rapidly. "Tom!" she screamed giggling, "What's the matter with you today. You can't stop touching me."

"Are you complaining? Because I can surely stop." he threatened.

"No, no. I like it very much but really we have to get going. I've already missed a lot with disappearing for days and then lying unconscious for a week after that."

"Don't remind me of that." his harsh voice turned cold and Lyra suspected his smile now dropped. "I'll kill anyone who even thinks about hurting you." he squeezed her close.

"Possessive." she hummed trying to brighten the mood, "I like that." she turned around, "I like-." she suspended her sentence softening her eyes, "I like this." she altered her initial sentence. Lyra had never felt the emotions she had with anyone else. Sure a small crush here and there at Hogwarts but she never quickly developed anything close to this, the war didn't allow her to have time for that.

The war.

Voldemort.

The Horcruxes.

Her face slowly dropped at the realization she had completely neglected her duties, Tom's risky behavior had clouded her mind with arousal completely obliterating the memory of hearing about Myrtle's death. The key reason she had come here for. Stupidly she allowed herself to construct connections with the people here, momentarily forgetting that she surrounded herself with people that'll become death eaters one day. It felt normal, for the first time in years she eagerly grasped a sense of a normal life before everything went to hell, desperately holding onto it. It's extremely unusual for her to imagine that Nott and Mulciber would ever become death eaters, they're so charming and joyous unlike what she initially expected. The first Horcrux was at present made and there was nothing she could achieve to discover it or prevent a second one from being made. Though she sincerely convinced herself that she had time until the second one was created.

What of Tom, where does he naturally fit in all this. It's visible he hates muggle-borns. But the historic name Riddle rang no bells for her, she considered her side with the horrid thought.

'What if he dies before having a family.'

'What if that's the reason his name isn't passed on to the future.'

No, she won't allow that. She won't let him die. She'd do everything in her power to keep him alive. But what would happen if Lyra was to go back? She couldn't imagine how empty she'd undoubtedly feel without his presence, he had deeply embedded himself in her. Unusual she thought, how someone she had only known a mere few months had created an impact in her life to the point she couldn't imagine how she would feel without him. It felt unlike her to want to be with someone more than just physically.

He instantly noticed her joyous mood shift, it seemed as if she was profoundly lost in thought, and from the looks of it in a troubling one, "Darling are you alright?"

"Sorry," she smiled politely."Got lost in thinking about all the class assignments I've missed," Lyra lied. He knew she was lying, but assumed it was for a compelling reason and decided not to force it. "Let's go to class then. I presume we're probably late."

"You go on ahead," Lyra tip-toed to kiss his forehead, "It'll look suspicious if we both walk out of an empty classroom together." He hesitated wondering if he should ask her about it, but instead, he nodded approvingly and gathered his bag walking out he took a final glance at her. They both smiled at each other, for some reason her smile contained a hint of sadness in it, mostly in her eyes. He brushed it off and left leaving her completely alone.

I won't let him die. She thought.

Oblivious to the cruel truth she, unfortunately, can not remember.

Was messing around with Picrew and decided to make some for the girls based on how I see envision them personally :)

-Lyra

-Frey

-Frey

-Medusa

-Medusa

-Gwen