-epilouge-

(^^ song mentioned later)

"Spence it's your turn," you groaned against his chest, the alarm clock next to your bed reading 2:12 AM, the shrieking from the next room continued "Spence," you weakly hit his arm. He murmured something before pushing you off of him and getting out of bed, shuffling to the other room. Snow glinted off the road outside casting a eerie soft light through the curtains. You listened as the crying instantly stopped. "Is she okay?" you called. You heard nothing until Spence appeared in the doorway, the small baby in his arms cooing softly.

"I think she just wanted her dad," he whispered, the largest smile taking place on his face "hi, it's okay daddy's here." He climbed into bed next to you cradling her, what was she? six months now? God they grew so fast. "Mommy's here too, your mommy is very beautiful, did you know that?" you giggled softly, sitting up, resting your head on Spencer's shoulder. Reaching your hand to your daughters, her small hands wrapping around your finger.

"Your mom and I didn't go to bed until late because we were, erm- up doing- uh activities and we would really love it if you could let us get some sleep." Spencer chuckled softly as he pressed a kiss to her head. Slowly her eyes began to flutter shut "thank you, Maeve," he smiled at you. That name meant something different to both of you, the first love Spencer had lost a while before you had arrived, and the name of your favorite song that reminded you of  him. He smiled softly but as he stood Maeve erupted in another round of wails. You groaned, "why don't we just let her sleep with us, Spence." You shifted over, patting the space to your right. He placed her down, putting you in between the two people you loved most. You lay on your side stroking Maeve's small stubble of hair atop her head. Spence lay, wrapping his arms around you, his chin in the crook of your neck, a few faded hickeys also there as well. Your back pressed to his chest. You felt your hearts beat in sync.

"You know, she's almost as beautiful as you," Spencer whispered. You blushed "no, look at her, she looks just like her dad, and her dad is a pretty good looking guy if I do say so myself." He chuckled "I wonder how tall she'll be," you pondered as she gurgled softly in her sleep. "Well it's nearly impossible to predict genetic traits such as height and weight I would estimate that-" you hit his arm lightly.
"shh," you teased "I want it to be a surprise," he laughed.

"My bad, mrs.Reid." That had been your nickname for the past two years. You had had a more 'official' ceremony with a larger group at Rossi's place about a week later, it was that night you saw Spence running around with Henry that you had decided you wanted to start trying for a baby. The way he so seemingly turned off the adult part of himself he had to grow into at such a young age, and was able to just be a kid made you ridiculously happy. Derek was of course the godfather, Emily the godmother, though neither was so adamant about gifts and clothes as the famous Penelope Garcia. Maeve had another toy or romped every other week if Penny had it her way. "You know, you're an excellent mother," Spencer kissed your neck softly.

"And you're an even better dad." He shook his head "no" you protested "I can already picture you all hunched over a kids table being forced through a tea party or lego building marathon, although I doubt much forcing would be required." He laughed "No I really can, I picture you drawing with her and teaching her to read and ride a bike. Reading her bedtime stories, baking as a family." You felt a warm, bubbly feeling swarm inside of you "we're going to be a family Spence, even if you have to work a lot." You turned so your back was to Maeve. "Don't doubt yourself for a second. You're an amazing dad, and this little baby genius will love you no matter what." He nodded, staring softly into your eyes. You had purchased a small house, quite near where Hotch had used to live with Haley. Although, you didn't feel as worried about your life as Hotch had been, considering the whole serial killer thing. Life was good, despite the occasional fight and long work trip, life was good.

For the first time in years you knew what happiness was without doubting it. All thanks to your best friend, your lover boy, your husband, Spencer Reid. Despite the distance that occurred at times.

You and Spencer finally had the perfect space between you, a family shaped space that held everything you treasured and loved.
"I love you," you whispered again this chest. Maeve cried and you turned picking her up and placing you between you and Spencer "and I love this little space between us," you smiled, kissing Maeve's forehead.
"I love you too," Spencer whispered "and I wouldn't call this a space, I would call it a home."

-i have another spencer reid ff published !!