-22-

A/N IK THIS IS NOT THE SEASON 14 TEAM BUT I REALLY WANTED HOTCH AND DEREK TO BE HERE SO LET'S JUST PRETEND PLEASE 😩 thank you xxx

"Y/N,  I told Rossi we would be there at 7:00, it's 6:45." Reid leaned in the doorway of your room as you pushed your favorite silver earrings in. "I'm coming boy-genius," you hastily pulled on your heels. You were wearing an ankle-length pale blue dress, it matched Spence's sweater and black open-toed block heels. You looked up at him as you stood in the doorway "you look beautiful, Y/N," He whispered kissing you softly "now let's go," he took your hand in his and pulled you out the front door. 

Spencer started the car and you hopped in the passenger seat. You reached for the AUX but Spencer reached out and grabbed your hand. "Y/N," You looked up "can we talk on the way there?" You nodded, he was being strangely serious. He pulled out of the garage and onto the road "so, I've been thinking, and you don't have to answer this now, of course, it's a big question, but I don't want to wait until after we get married to make the decision, I'd like to get it put in the open now," You felt a nervous lump rising in your throat "do you want kids, Y/N?" You stared at your shoes, frozen "there is no right answer to that question if you don't know that's okay too, I just want to know where you stand on erm- pregnancy and well, babies." You continued to stare in front of you. 

You glanced at the GPS, seven minutes until you were there. Seven minutes to think. 

Spencer Reid. You sure as hell wanted to marry him, without a doubt, but you had never thought about kids. You liked kids, and you weren't against them in any way, you just never thought about giving birth to one. The idea of carrying a child inside you scared you, nine months of a baby forming within you. Although it seemed a little less scary knowing Spence would be there, but his job was risky, what if he didn't come home one day and you were left alone with a baby, or still pregnant. You glanced up at him, he was staring tentatively at the road. You pictured Spence with his own kid, you had seen how he was with Henry, he was so fun, he was forced to be an adult from such a young age but the way he was able to switch into little kid mode- as if he missed it, missed the sweet pure fun of being a kid. Spencer would be an amazing dad, and you, you weren't too bad with kids either, you had got yourself through college by babysitting after all.

"Y/N?" he took one hand off the wheel, resting it on your leg "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to spring that on you," You shook your head "No, Spence, it's an important question, better ask now than never and I think I should think about it a little longer, but I'm not opposed to the idea" You both smiled as you laced your hands through his, the ring glinting in the moonlight shining through the windshield. 

"We're here," he said pulling into a long gravel driveway, the house at the end was ginormous, with big windows and fancy brick, you marveled at the architecture. "You didn't tell me Rossi was rich, Spence." He smirked, wrapping an arm around your waist. "Mhm," he hummed. He rang the doorbell and you could hear the chime through the heavy oak door. 

"Ciao!" A tall man with a gray beard and hair opened the door "Spencer and his special lady are here!" He called over his shoulder, five other people emerged from what appeared to be the kitchen, "come in, come in, I'm David Rossi" he said in his slightly raspy voice. You stepped into the house, greeted immensely by several friendly faces, a tall man with brown short hair and a serious face,  a petite woman with long blonde hair and a bright smile, another woman with blonde hair and colorful clothes, and the sweetest face, there was a tall muscular man with a lively grin and thick eyebrows and next to him was a brunette woman with a bright red shirt and a full wine glass. 

"This is Aaron Hotchner," Rossi said gesturing at him, you smiled and shook his hand, "Emily Prentiss and Jeniffer Jareau, we call her JJ" The petite woman and the brunette woman stepped forward greeting you with a hug, JJ's eyes were bright but there was a hint of something, perhaps sadness, this was the one who Reid used to rant about all the time, his 'first love' "And this-" Rossi Gestured at the buff guy and the brightly dressed woman "is Derek Morgan and Penelope Garcia," Penelope immediately rushed towards you "Hello! Oh, god you're so pretty wow, Spencer you really got lucky, I'm Penelope, but call me Pen" She wrapped you in a tight hug "Hey muscle man, look at her," Penelope hit Derek's arm, Derek smiled "Hello, gorgeous," he said with a charming kiss to your hand, you glanced at Spence, he was glaring at him. "Oh come, one pretty boy, you bring a woman this beautiful to meet us and expect me to keep my distance?" You felt yourself blushing as Spence pulled you by his side rather aggressively. 

"Now tell us about yourself, Y/N, how'd you meet Spence?" Emily asked pouring you a glass, you leaned into his shoulder as you began to tell them about your job and your apartment "I've heard so much about you all, the only thing I needed to do was see all your faces," they all laughed at your jokes as you talked, they seemed genuinely interested as you told them about work at the publishing firm and your life before moving to DC, you had never felt more comfortable with a group of people, and Rossi's cooking was excellent. 

You all sat around the table, admiring Rossi's home and laughing, you felt like you were part of the team "you know, Reid, your finceé is pretty smart, have you ever consider getting her into the field?" Aaron looked up from his plate at Spence, a soft smile set on his lips. Spence took your hand in his, squeezing it under the table.

"I don't know, I never really thought about it, you would make a great profiler, Y/N." You beamed at the approval "oh god, it's so scary, and the publishing firm is safe and-"

"normal, it's boring isn't it?" Spence turned his head as JJ spoke, you nodded "your face looks so dull when you talk about your job, that's not how any of us look talking about our job, well maybe Hotch, but he looks like that no matter what." Everyone snickered at the slander.

"Sounding a lot like boy wonder, overhear," Morgan laughed nudging JJ in the arm, she laughed. 

"No, she's right, a life like yours would be, exciting." You took a look around, if you ever did think about joining it would take years, but these people, they felt like a family, a place where you were safe, despite the constant danger. You glanced around "you guys are part of this big family, and I'm happy that through Spencer, I am too," Penelope let out a gasp "oh she is so sweet," she cooed, smacking Spencer's hand "where on earth did you find such an amazing lady!" she squealed.

"the apartment downstairs." his lips twitched into a smile "and, despite my intelligence, I can't believe it took me this long to realize she was the one."