-25-

You sat in silence for what felt like hours, Julian would get up, pace around and pour himself another drink- he must have had at least six by the time you saw two SUVs pull up, Spencer. Julian sluggishly reached for the gun in his pocket, walking around the bar to you. "They better have my car," he said pulling you out of your seat, he brought you to the window holding the gun to your head and his phone in his spare hand. He picked up when it rang "Where's my driver?" He growled through gritted teeth. "Your diver refused to come, Julian." Hotch's soothing voice floated through the phone "we can call you a taxi does that work?"
"Only if I drive- I want it out back now, or this bitch dies."
How did Hotch manage to stay so calm,  you were shaking, a faint feeling taking over you "We hear you, Julian."

You turned your head slightly trying to make eye contact with him "J-Julian?"
"What- bitch?"
"I'm not surviving this am I?"
"probably not, you're useless anyways."
"Julian you have a wife, right?" You examined the silver band on his left hand "I'm sure you lover her, a lot."
"I do, she's my whole world, I did all this to protect her."
"I-I'm" you stammered over your words "I'm sure she's everything to you." You tried to take a deep breath "c-can I call my- my fiancé?" You winced as he pressed the gun against your back "tell him goodbye- l-like you would with your wife.." You felt a sharp pain in your side as he shoved you down into a chair, handing you his phone, pointing the gun at your head.
"five minutes."

You nodded weakly dialing Spencer's number. It rang once before he picked it up "Hello this doctor Spencer Reid," you could hear the panic in his voice.

"Hi Spence," you glanced up hoping Julian didn't figure out who your fiancé really was, but he seemed occupied by the police outside "I- I have five minutes, which isn't nearly enough time to tell you how much I love you, and explain all the ways you make me a better person-"

"Y/N, don't tell me goodbye, please, you promise you wouldn't leave." his voice was soft and shaky, a side of him you hadn't seen much of.

"Then it's not goodbye, it's a see you in a bit, and maybe then I'll tell you how you're my first love. Maybe I'll tell you how you make every part of me feel whole, how you make me feel like I'm worth something. Maybe I'll finally tell you you're my reason for existing."

"Y/N-"

"I love you Spencer Reid, and I'll
love you until forever ends." You waited as he drew a shaky breath.

"I hope you know that if you don't make it out, that knowing you, holding you, comforting you, it all makes me realize why I live and why I do what I do, no matter where we are, you'll always be mine Y/N, until the time spectrum folds in on itself. When our bones have decomposed into dust, I'll still love you. If there is a world beyond ours, then you wait for me there okay?"

"okay," you smiled through the stream of tears on your cheeks "I'll wait for you forever." You let out a yelp as Julian grabbed the phone.

"Times up." He snarled, he stood you up leading you to the back door, you felt weak as every noise amplified in your head, each breath seemed impossible. He pushed you out the back door, pushing the gun to your head as he made his way to the awaiting Taxi, he turned around using you as a shield, climbing into the drivers seat, pulling you in with him. He shoved you over to the passenger seat as he hit the gas, speeding out of the back alley. Things were growing darker, with each shaky and fearful breath, not knowing wich would be your last.

He looped around the block, holding the gun to your head "any last words?"
He smirked.

"you saved me," you whispered. Then there was a loud shattering sound, like a thousand knives against concrete and then, like the end of every story, darkness.