-15-

TW/ Uhm sexual banter? that sounds weird Idk man.

"Spencer, It's March second." You said sitting up in bed, the clock on the wall across from you read 12:27. "Spence, wake the fuck up."  He grumbled, he had for once in his life got to bed before 11, only because he had to get up at five for a press conference. "why does it matter that its march second, Y/N?" You hit his arm "It marks the halfway point." "of what?" "Aren't you supposed to be a fucking genius?" "Ah since someone drove a knife into your abdomen." You nodded. "That's a bit grotesque." He smiled and lay back down. "I will go back upstairs to my apartment if you don't let me go back to sleep." You sighed, sinking back under the comforters. You listened to the distance ticks of the clock, each tick marking another second towards April. Each second a painful reminder you were still in danger, you and Spencer, you thought. 'No.' You pushed away from the thought. That letter was a hoax, you had decided and whoever hurt you probably just wanted to rob you, that's what made you feel safest. You found yourslef fighting with your own mind over the events.

The battles in your mind went on for what felt like hours, paralyzed, staring at your ceiling until the world started to blend and blur like a Van Gogh painting. "Y/N, go to sleep." You felt Spencer's arm around you, pulling you into him. "I have been sleeping." He nuzzled his face into your hair, still lying flat on your back "no, your breathing has been too irregular, if your going to stay awake panicking at least let me hold you. You're beautiful Y/N, no scars, no worry and no panick could ever change that" 

His voice was slow and sleepy in your ear and his soft breaths sent shivers down your body. "Spencer." You felt his shift next to you, he mumbled something but he was asleep again. You entwined your hand in his, guiding it down to your stomach, letting the warmth fill through all the fading scars. You closed your eyes, feeling peace in his touch, in his voice. "I love you." Silence  "and as much as you want to keep me safe, I would do anything for you."

____

Spencer was long gone by the time you woke up, 'time' you thought 'is fucking irrelevant when all you can do is sit around worrying' the extra locks on the door jingled as the floor shook from a big truck passing by on the freeway. You were bored. You were looking for something to do. So you picked up your phone. Habitually clicking on Spencer's profile. Your fingers hovered over the keyboard before you shut off your phone, not wanting to bother him. Then an idea popped into your head. It was a stupid one, sure, but something about the boredom, the monotonous cycle urged you to do it. Hey, you typed. Hello. He responded quickly. That was fast, are you on a case?  You shot back Paperwork day. you could hear the weariness in his text. I have something that could cheer you up (; You typed, snickering like a little kid oh yeah?  What is it?  

You walked to bathroom mirror, lifting up your shirt with a slight pain as you did it, you weren't wearing a bra, you didn't need to have one on. You glanced around as if you were still in highschool being sneaky, texting boys and hoping your mom never found out. You took a picture, hating how you looked, you took another and another and another, 'the scars ruin it' you thought, but Spencers voice rang in your head 'you're beautiful , nothing could ever change that'  You smiled, besides, he wouldn't be looking at the wounds. 

You giggled, as you watched the picture send through. 

read 1:19pm popped up under the photo. You started to laugh, on the brink of tears you were laughing so hard. Your phone buzzed on the countertop as Spencer called you, "Hey Spence!" You said with exaggerated enthusiasm "Y/N- Really? Im at work." You giggled "Did it make you feel better?" A long pause emmited from the other end of the line "maybe." You smirked "mhm just don't let that crabby boss of yours see my-" "Y/N- I swear to god," "Just come home quick so you can see them in person." Then he hung up. You smiled. He really did love you. 

__

It felt like forever until Spencer came home, a little bit sweaty and agitated. "Long day?" you said shuffling over to him, you didn't need crutches anymore, but your walking was very awkward. "Yes. Long. Rossi was in a bad mood because of one of his ex's and Hotch- well he was being Hotch." You nodded taking his bag from him, hanging it on the coat rack with the struggle "don't strain yourself, Y/N." You turned "Dont worry Spence, I'm okay." You kissed his cheek. It was dark in your apartment, you hadn't bothered to turn on the lights. Spencer grabbed your waist very lightly, driving a deep and passionate kiss on your mouth. "I love you," He said softly "I've never meant it more." "Shut up Spence, Shut up, you don't get to be the romantic one." He smiled "why not?" "B-because you do everything else, I want to do something." He kissed you again "Y/N you do everything for me, do you know how traumatizing my job is? It's not easy looking at dead people all day, dead children, sometimes, it makes me want to cry, but you, Y/N. Seeing you makes me forget all the pain I face every day." His eyes grew sad as he talked.  

"Spencer.." You rubbed slow circles on his cheek with your hand "Y/N, even before I knew I loved you the way I do, you made me smile. I've been through a lot of pain in my life, but you've made me feel okay since day one. You make me feel good about myself." You were going to cry he was being so sweet. "When you listen to my rants, and at least pretend to be interested in my interests. Last year you let me read you Truman Capote, and I knew you hated it but you sat there anyways." He was making you feel awfully good about yourslef "I know it hasn't been that long, but I want to be with you forever Y/N. No matter what."

"I'm yours forever, Spencer, and I promise I wont let the space between us get in the way."