-5-

TW- slight harassment/unwanted physical touch

Your hands were shaky as you pressed the lipstick against your lips, Spence stood in the doorway of your bathroom "Y/N, you shouldn't go if you don't want to," You turned to him grasping the warmth in his eyes.

"I have to, Spencer." You smiled weakly slipping past him towards your bedroom door "It's important that I go, or else he'll think something is up."

"Something IS up, Y/N," he reached out, grabbing your arm, his large hands almost being able to wrap around your entire bicep "you shouldn't have to pretend for that half ass."

"He's not a fucking half ass, Spencer, he's a guy who loves me and Im crushing his heart. What about that makes you think you can insult him?" He crossed his arms over his chest, not speaking "I love you, Spence, I'm sorry- I- I'm nervous I guess." He smiled weakly. "Walk me to my car?" He nodded and you looped your arm through his. You two walked in silence through the stair well, both acknowledging the unspoken bond.

"Y/N, I'm proud of you no matter what you end up doing." Spencer said calmly once you got to your car "I'm sorry if I'm a bit protective sometimes but it's only because I care, I'm not the best at these things, but I promise I'll always be proud of you." You smiled painfully "I love you, Y/N. I love you a lot." He sighed heavily and turned towards the exit, leaving you alone by your car. He'd never said it back. You didn't even think he realized you said it to him before your conversation earlier that day.

"I love you too." You whispered to the empty parking garage "in more ways then one." You quickly brought your hand to your mouth. 'no Y/N, you didn't just say that-' you thought to yourself. It wasn't true anyways, he was your best friend, always had been always will be. Now, you had to focus on Matt.

~~~

He was already at your table by the time you got to La Vie Noir, he stood as you approached the table, pulling your chair out for you. "Hey Y/N!" He said a little too cheerily "how was the rest of your day?" You pressed a thin smile onto your face.

"Good. I took a nice bath and relaxed," a lie. He grinned, rather cluelessly and continued to ramble on about the office and his sister clearly trying to avoid thinking about what he had said earlier 'I only like Spencer's rambles' you thought as you took a rather big sip of wine 'stop thinking about him, you're with Matt right now.'

"Bonjour Madame et Monsieur, may I take your order?" A beautiful waitress with silky dark blonde hair, much like your own, grinned at the two of you. Matt began to order and before you could utter a word, he ordered for you.

"My lovely girlfriend here will have the Steak fillet mignon with the risotto." He beamed. You nodded, objecting would only make things worse. You detested risotto. The waitress took your menus and left abruptly "so Y/N, how's the publishing firm been? I mean i can tell it's busy, my law firm is just above it, but you haven't talked about work in a while." You stared meekly at him.

"It's a useless topic, Matt." You said harshly "especially now." You looked up, he looked shocked with a hint of absolutely fucking petrified. You kind of liked it. "Matt, I don't love you, at least not yet." 'are you fucking stupid? what the hell was that last part?' you pressed a tight lipped smile "I need time, Matt." You watched as his face went from shocked to embarrassed. "I'm not breaking up with you, by the way."

"Y/N-" Matt stammered "Y/N... you can forget what I said earlier, you can pretend it never happened, I'm sorry-"

"Matt- It's no use pretending it never happened, it did, and I'm telling you that I need some time and some space to think," you tried to stand up but Matt reached across the table and grabbed your wrist "Matt, I think I should go now," You urged.

"No Y/N, you're going to stay here and eat with me." He stared aggressively at you "please. You're not leaving me." You dug your nails into the palm of his hand, pressing hard until he pulled his hand away, wincing.

"Matt, I need space and time. I'll call you in the morning, okay?" You didn't even give him time to answer before you grabbed your coat and stormed out, turning before you were out of his earshot "and by the way, I hate risotto."