-3-

You pressed you head against your pillow, forcing back tears. You were so excited for tonight, you'd been looking forward to a real date with Matt since he brought it up a few weeks ago, and you had to admit, you had been looking forward to what would happen after the date.. but then Spencer had to ruin it all. Fucking Spencer Reid, ruining your date, ruining your life. 'No,' you thought to yourself 'I love Spence, he's my best friend, he ruined one date.' Your phone buzzed on your bedstand and you instinctively pulled it up to your ear "Hello, this is Y/N!" you said cheerily.

"I know, Y/N, I called you." Spencer's voice sifted through the phone "look, I know you're mad at me but I wanted to tell you one more time, I'm really sorry and I called Matt and explained everything, he said he'd talk to you tomorrow."

"I- Spence- how did you get his number ?" there was a silence on the other end "Spencer Walter Reid you did not-"

"Use me FBI title to get Penelope to find his number, yes. Yes I did, i'm sorry- but I don't want you to stay mad at me, Y/N, your my best friend and I ruined your date because I intruded and I'm terribly sorry."

"Spencer you better not do that again, because for starters, that's illegal." You hear a light laugh at the other end "thank you for apologizing, Spence."

"Your welcome, Y/N" he pauses "can I come over?" You pause, it's late and you have work but then again, it's not like you were going to sleep anyways.

"Sure." You were excited to hear exactly how Spencer and Penelope got Matt's number, you knew everything about the team, you'd never met them, but you felt like you had from all the stories Spencer had told you.
~~~
"-and then I had to help JJ carry these huge boxes or fireworks from the unsubs basement and she almost fell but Emily caught her and-" Spencer looked up at me, "sorry am I-"

"- bothering me?" You interrupted "never, Spence," He smiled a small but affectionate smile and continued to tell you about the case using as few details as possible, his voice cracking when talking about the victims, two men who had been kidnapped and held hostage.
"Spence, your job is so cool," You crossed legs as we sat on your blue leather sofa "I just hate how much you have to travel." He nodded and you could see the tiredness in his eyes, you stood up and walked over to him putting a pillow behind him, you gestured for him to lie down and he did so reluctantly "Spence you're not bothering me." you said firmly so he finally understood. He lay down and you covered him with a floral blanket."Goodnight, Doctor." He smirked and then his face melted into a quite snore.
You stood there a little longer then you should've, watching him as he slept peacefully on your couch, and for a moment you forgot about Matt, about the FBI about every little problem in your life, except for your best friend, your number one, Spencer Reid.