2.17 ❃ where is his damn heart

PART THREE
• ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ •

• 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 •

THERE WAS A TIME WHEN ICHIKA'S EYES were dull and gray

THERE WAS A TIME WHEN ICHIKA'S EYES were dull and gray. It was when she realized that it has been a full month since she escaped her life in hell, and during those days, Ichika barely had the strength to move nor speak. She was but a child, barely eight years old, her fingers were dry and her lips flaky.

The night was cold and the year had just started; there were still small flakes of ice falling from the sky. She blended well in the shadows of the clouds that covered the moon, counting the seconds since she had climbed up the stairs to the rooftop.

Ichika could hear—no, feel, another person's presence in the small space. She did not bother to stand up from where she sat, nor did she try to call out for anyone there. Her raven black hair was blotted with white snow flakes, but she did not feel the cold prickle her skin.

Perhaps it was the demon inside of her.

From a distance, a small boy's frame came in to view. The young man did not look any older than she did, probably the same age as she, but his legs were bloody and one of them broken, while his hands were scarred and rough. The boy did not speak, not that he wouldn't, he couldn't. He wasn't from around here, in fact, the whole place looked so unreal and frightening and foreign.

The boy drops the knife he held tightly with his bruised hands, letting the sharp tool fall to the ground with a clang. Ichika grimaced at the sound of metal hitting the floor, fragments of her hands burdened with heavy metal came flashing in her mind.

The boy, unaware of the girl in the shadows, dragged his broken leg to the corner of the rooftop. It took all of his strength to climb around the railing, his fingers feeling every jolt of pain but still held the edges firmly.

"It won't kill you." The boy's eyes widen and a gasp leaves his lips, almost letting go of the railing from the surprise of Ichika's cold voice. He looks at her, finally showing her his bruised and bloody face, his wounded cheek, his busted lips. "The building isn't high enough, you'll break a few bones but it won't kill you."

Ichika points at the building far from the one they stood in, "Jump from there instead."

The boy could not understand the girl in front of him. He tries to open his mouth to speak, but his throat hadn't tasted a drop of water that it felt like talking would make him choke in his own blood. Other than that, he did not speak her language.

"T-tul..ong.." He chokes out. ( help )

But the girl in front of him had already turned her back from him, starting to walk away. His eyes widen, adrenaline kicking in his system. No, don't leave. He thinks to himself.