1.8 ✵ illusions and dark tunnels

PART TWO
• 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 •

[ mikoto village battle arc pt. 3 ]

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Ichika asked the man crouched beside her who was attempting to cover his tall figure behind the high corner of the old Japanese home roof

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Ichika asked the man crouched beside her who was attempting to cover his tall figure behind the high corner of the old Japanese home roof. She wanted to laugh, maybe even slap his back while she's at it, but she tried to refrain herself from causing a scene in a middle of a serious situation.

Ichika had to mentally applaud the intruders with their plan. She realized this was not some on the spot sabotage, but instead a very carefully executed plan. Once out of the maze, they both teleported close to the center of the village. Nanami pointed out that the labyrinth had appeared to only be within the forest around that surrounded the village. The barrier locks as a ceiling while also walling them from the sides.

It was a mouse trap, and they totally took the bait.

Nanami's brows curve, "You're too carefree." He shots back, eyeing her while she stood freely and not bothering to shadow her own figure.

"I created an illusion past this line," Ichika points at the sequence of broken tiles from the roof they currently were located at, "They can't see nor hear us."

Nanami coughs, hiding his temporary embarrassment. He stands tall, unbuttoning the two first buttons of his dress shirt and loosening his tie.  "I knew that. Let's proceed."

Ichika only hides her laugh, leaning on the broken railing lightly as she could, just enough for her to find support. Her fingertips had only started to grow colder from the heat that filled it moments ago, and her neck had begun to sweat as well. She felt nauseous for some reason, although she hid the expression of discomfort from Nanami very well.

They had been relocated in a roof of a house beside a semi-burned closed warehouse. Outside, there were men wearing hoods that guarded the small building. They seemed to look like human curse practitioners that did not belong to a school, instead, seemed to have been a part of an organization—judging by the same symbol imprinted behind their hoods.

"There's two of them." Ichika points out.

"I thought you said three?" Nanami asked, leaning on the railing as well to take a closer look. Ichika had torn a part of her shirt, using the fabric to cover Nanami's bleeding palms. She persuaded that he used it in exchange of letting her use his blood, she felt like it was the least she could do for him, knowing that Lunar Blades cut harshly with human skin.

Ichika waited for the men to walk away, she predicted that there would be an opening if she had just made a good distraction. She created a stone from the flames on her palm, using dormant energy. She threw it far to the back, making sure it made a huge noise.