0.4 ☾ let's get chicken

PART ONE
• 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 •

TSUKUYOMI MIKOTO ALWAYS CARE for the wrong people

TSUKUYOMI MIKOTO ALWAYS CARE for the wrong people. That was the reason he had transformed so tainted in the first place.

For when he promised to resurrect people he failed to protect under a blood moon seventy-six years ago with all the wrong curses he never thought would leave his lips, he had fallen too wicked and transfigured all his hatred into his soul.

For decades, he believed it was because he defied the moon gods, which led him to roam the earth with red eyes and crescent burns align on the side of his body. But it was not the moon that cursed him, it was the growing anger he had fed for years with no end that led him to be a blood thirsty demon.

He made himself a false deity with his name written on his followers skin, they became blind worshippers that promised him his body back, and so when they saw the perfect vessel which was Ichika Mezuko's young and untainted body and soul, they immediately offered her to him.

"Give me access to your physical form in exchange for your freedom," Tsukuyomi would never come to forget the offer he proposed that winter night. It had worked—and for seven long years he took advantage of the young girl's naiveness.

It all changed at the night of when Ichika burned the church of where she was sold by her mother and he craved the blood of the filthy priests that used her for as long as they could. It was when he had realized he did not simply wanted to spill people's blood, he wanted to hurt them because they hurt her.

Then again, Tsukuyomi Mikoto always care for the wrong people.

It took years for Tsukuyomi to train the girl to understand her true power, and although he was not fully certain of Ichika's nature, she was undeniably stronger than anyone he had ever met. He had questioned her identity countless of times, yet he did not bother to dig any deeper.

Later on, he begun to feel tired.

He felt as if being drained from inside his core, and that was when Tsukuyomi realized what Ichika really is, a realization that explained all the rampant questions he had circling around his thoughts. Why he cannot simply leave her body if he wanted to, why she could control him so easily.

She was not a vessel to begin with at all—Ichika is an awakening sorceress with the power to consume power.

•••

"You want us to what?" Satoru Gojou asks Ichika the second time, his mouth halfway open and shock lacing his voice.