0.14 ☾ yui aoyama

PART ONE
• 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 •

TSUKUYOMI WAS THE NIGHT'S CHILD

TSUKUYOMI WAS THE NIGHT'S CHILD. He often practiced the art of cursing under the blanket of bright moonlight, finding calm in between the small glade of the dark forest inside the walls of his home.

Born as the first son of his family, Tsukuyomi was given the burden of carrying the traditions of sorcery techniques in the grace of the power given by the moon.

The Mikoto clan is a rare branch of Jujutsu Sorcerers, which were neglected because of their use for powerful curses. The other clans did not favor the use of blood sacrifice, in fact, it impulsed them.

Some wanted to steal their techniques and learn their ways of channeling energies, but no one without the blood of Mikoto's ancestry ever successfully mirrored their abilities.

However despite the power the Mikoto clan gained, the less they were fortunate when it came to the expansion of their bloodline. There were only very little male children, and none as pure as Tsukuyomi, who's parents were pure siblings.

Growing up, the burden he carried strengthened his will to do better than anyone did, but it also swallowed him completely with greed.

Then he met Yui Aoyama.

A woman of no sorcerer ancestry, a simple child born with the power to see what others could not, a beautiful raven haired student with rare talent that exceeded even the young Mikoto's abilities in combat. It did not take them long to fall for the other, because no matter how hard Tsukuyomi fought the emotions that gripped his heart, he fell for someone he shouldn't have.

Because he was supposed to marry his own blood. To breed pure.

So it was not a mystery when Yui Aoyama was found dead in her bedroom the day before snow first fell.

Carrying Yui's cold body through the rough road within the darkened woods, Tsukuyomi laid her on the empty glade, the moonlight shone against her lifeless face.

That was the night when Tsukuyomi Mikoto lost every drop of faith that kept the monster inside of him at bay.

•••

TWO WEEKS LATER

"That's just rude."

Satoru Gojou leans on the dirty wall inside of a room from the fourth floor of the abandoned building. He had been eating donuts as he entered with Ino Takuma, but a cursed spirit had decided to break down a once was sturdy wall a few meters away from the sorcerer, making his glazed donut powdered with cement dust.