2.00 ✵ wipe your tears, my love.

FINAL CHAPTER OF PART TWO
• ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ •

[ mikoto village battle arc pt. 6 ]

THE SPACE BETWEEN THEIR fingertips did not matter

THE SPACE BETWEEN THEIR fingertips did not matter. They did not need touch to understand how they both felt.

But boy did they crave it.

These were the days when Ichika Mezuko has used all her time from the moment she opened her eyes to the second she closes them again that her body was used for all sorts of experiments. Ieiri had been kind enough to allow her to have short breaks here and there, but they both knew it was only because the doctor could not risk draining the girl's energy to an extent that it may break.

So there Ichika was, sitting on the cold stoned stairs outside of the building, watching the sun slowly set and the only thing she could hear was the peaceful humming from Satoru Gojou's lips.

It was these counted minutes that Gojou would sit down with his legs crossed like an indian and palms on the ground to support his leaning weight, humming a tune he could not recall the title even was. Ichika would position herself the same, just right beside him. Close enough to whisper jokes here and there but far enough to control herself from the want inside her chest to lean on his shoulders.

It was windy, and it bothered Satoru that the girl had only worn a shirt and some tight leggings. His face flustered, wanting to offer his jacket, but not wanting to sound clingy. So Satoru unzips his navy uniform and covers Ichika's cold shoulders without a word.

Ichika turns around, a smirk plastered on her lips. "I might think you're having feelings for me."

Satoru grins at her statement and leans closer to her face while staring straight at her eyes. "Whoever said I didn't?" He says in a raspy voice, transferring his gaze to her lips. Ichika swallows a lump on her throat, but her smirk does not falter. Instead, she takes her left hand and held Satoru's neck right behind his ear, making the man's blush much more evident.

She chuckles in triumph, leaning closer to whisper on his ear.  "Then I guess that adds one more thing that we have in common, darling."

Satoru allows his head to cock backwards, his head facing the sky. "Alright. You win." He says with a grin.

Ichika laughs, clinging on to the jacket on her shoulders and slipping her arms inside of it's sleeves. "I always win." Satoru shrugs at this, hiding his grin with a fake frown. Ichika stares at him for a few seconds, not removing her gaze. Once noticed, Satoru lifts his left brow up, looking at her as well.