Chapter 100 - Sebastian's P.O.V. - Part 02

Start from the beginning

Khawla glances at me, then looks at my lap, stops to think about it a little, and, in the end, she lays down on the sofa and rests her head on it while watching whatsoever it's passing on the TV at this time. I rest one arm on her waist and, with the other hand, I caress her hair feathery, lost in my thoughts.

***

After an hour or two, Khawla finally falls asleep. I get her in my arms and carefully carry her in bridal style to our bed not to wake her up. I settle her under the covers, caress her hair once more, and I bend forward to lay a small kiss on her forehead.

I go back to the living room, collapsing on the sofa. I need help to get rid of the drug dealer that is in Mystery Spell and from who Khawla is buying the Ecstasy.

"Who can help me?"

I get my mobile phone and call the only person that crossed my mind, Nicolae Bartholy, as he's the right hand of Viktor Bartholy in town.

It rings twice before he could answer, and I speak straightforwardly in a cold tone of voice, cutting the pleasantries.

Sebastian: Bartholy, I need your help.

I notice that Nicolae is taken aback for a while before answering me.

Nicolae: What can I do for you, Professor Jones?

Sebastian: Khawla took Ecstasy again at the Campus Party.

I beat the bush. I listen to Nicolae heaving a long tired sigh, but he doesn't say a word. So, I continue with my request.

Sebastian: I need your help to identify the drug dealer and send her to jail. Like this, Khawla won't be able to buy drugs anymore.

Nicolae: Sebastian... For sure, I can arrange that, but my centuries of experience have taught me that after a small dealer is arrested, another one comes. It doesn't matter who is selling the drugs; the matter is Khawla. She is the one who must stop buying it.

I'm surprised in listening to Nicolae calling me by my first name, like an intimated friend, and I feel hopeless in listening to him. What can I say? Bartholy is right. It must come from my druidess. Will she be willing to stop consuming drugs?

Sebastian: And what can I do to make Khawla stops with the drugs, Bartholy?

This question was more to myself than to Nicolae. He heaves again and deadpans.

Nicolae: Nothing. Unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do about this, Professor Jones. It's all on her. I'll let you know when I identify the dealer.

Sebastian: Thanks, Bartholy.

Nicolae: You're welcome, Professor Jones.

I turn off the call and heave a sad sigh. I'm thinking of calling my Navajo friend, the old Medicine Man who saved my life when I was transformed into a werewolf, for advice when I listen to Khawla stirring on the bed.

"Fuck..."

I head to the bedroom. Khawla is sweating loads. I put my hand on her forehead; she's boiling in fever, as I expected. I head to the kitchen to take the first aid box and a bowl that I fill up with cold water. Then, I go back to the bedroom, sitting on the edge of the bed.

I open the first aid box and get a Tylenol for her fever. I don't like to give her more drugs while her body has to get rid of the ones already in her system, but I don't want to take any risks as her fever is too high. I grab her face, open her mouth, and squeeze the drops directly into it, and she swallows them as a reflex. Then, I bathe a cloth in the cold water, squeeze it, and lay it down on her forehead.