The Past should remain in the Past.

Start from the beginning

"Sir Darius?"

"Sigh~ Your too stiff."

"What..?"

"I never had an issue with our engagement. I even found it great because I was engaged with a friend I believe I can confide in from childhood to adulthood. But you changed over the years Sakura. The one who always smiled and was proud yet kind changed into someone rigid and cold."

He scratched the back of his neck in discomfort when he looked at her widen eyes.

"You don't show much expression. Even when I'm saying all this to you. I feel like you don't actually care. That's why I may have fallen for Rose."

"So.... the rumours..."

"Sigh~ I didn't expect others to notice. I was actually hoping to tell you face to face about my relationship with Rose."

He looked her in the eyes and saw her expression cloud over. He didn't know that what he said actually left a great impact inside of her.

She didn't want to listen to it anymore but for some reason the surrounding became especially silent and his voice became even clearer.

"I fell in love with Rose's bubbly personality. She shows her emotions and it is refreshing to see how human she is. She cares for those around her, even the sister who always looked down on her."

Darius said that while looking straight at Sakura and feeling that look of his, she hasn't noticed how she stopped breathing from that gaze.

"Sakura. We knew each other for years. Whenever I heard what was said about you. I believe that all of it was lies or exaggerations. But I noticed how your gaze becomes when you looked at Rose. It was a gaze filled with malice thoughts, something I have never seen from you but for the first time made me feel chills and I ended up feeling all rumors may have a source for them after all."

His gaze held a sense of disappoint when he spoke and she couldn't even speak her thoughts out when receiving that look.

'The only reason I seen Rose that way is because I keep hearing she was messing with my fiancé! Even when there were so many others interested in her, she had to go for the man who was my future husband!? How can I not be angry! Especially since she already took the love of my father and my grandparents. She had a mother but I only had a comatose mother who I never once was able to speak to! She had everything yet she still wanted to take more!!'

However she could never speak those thoughts out because of all her royal training she received throughout her childhood embedded inside her by her tutors in the last few years.

*

"You are not allowed to raise your voice. It is not ladylike nor majestic for a royal family member to speak in such a tone."

"Do not let your emotions show, it will be used as a weakness if they find something to use against you."

"Do not whine! A royal child who is the heir should lift their chin and never complain!"

"Do not play around! You have to study and be the best compared to other children. You are the heir! Act like it!"