- 29.

Chapter 29: Back to the start.
TW: possible derealisation at the end!

history has a way of
repeating itself.

-

being nearly 5pm, val began getting ready to start her stream. she tested her new camera, brand new mic and loaded up the game.

thousands of people rolled in as they usually did, extremely excited at the title of today's stream.

"hello everyone!" she exclaimed happily, clasping her hands. "as you can see by the title, we're playing letters to another! yup, after all this time, we'll play again!"

she had never seen the chat so excited. multiple people subscribed with prime, (and good, you should.) while others associated the game with tommy and her.

"yeah, yeah chat, here we go again. don't tell me- oh for gods sake, why did we bring back vommy? for what." she viewed her second monitor while loading up the game, laughing at a few pings here and there. "oh god, the nostalgia's really hitting me right now!" val laughed to her chat.

she smiled, but genuinely. from then to now, she was finally smiling in all seriousness; things were getting better.

"in fact, let's wait a bit. it's new years after all, why don't we talk for a bit? what're you all grateful for this year?"

the chat passed by in a blur, many people thanking their families and friends for a great year. val subliminally agreed, even though she had tons more to be thankful for.

"for starters, i'm so grateful for each and every single one of you! on the stream or not, your support and constant kindness means the whole world to me. so many of you have my back and support me through everything, and nothing i ever do will amount to that." val began, smiling stupidly at her webcam. "i'm grateful for all my friends and family they've always been there for me, especially behind the scenes. they're the best, and i'm glad i know all of them! they mean the absolute world to me. finally, im so thankful for someone in particular; tommy. someone i met through this game, that became something so much more, something that i will NEVER forget."

she was grinning at the camera, fumbling with her rings again. "what do you say chat, do we play now?"

the entire chat spams yes excitedly, and taking a deep breath, she tabs back into the game.

val clicked and joined the game, humming to herself quietly. once the game had loaded, she found herself in a room with a hanging lightbulb, a table, 2 chairs and papers, staring at an avatar with the game tag 'tommy.'

all was well.

all was well?

hey. stop making more spaces.

finished? the books done, pack up.

oh come on, shut up already! just say what you need to say.

tubbo stared at his pc screen sadly. val was playing that godforsaken game again. he frowned to himself; if she was going to repeat history, so was he.

he unlocked his phone.

it's not over yet. i still have control.

he watched val squirm with discomfort. this was what he meant, this was what he wanted. he still had control, and she was fully aware of that.

there was never an end, never a happy ending. enough with the cliche. she may be happy, because she was ignoring it.

for now, at least.

the end. <3

just kidding.

tubbo looked at the pc happily, proud of one of his newly rekindled friends. she deserved the happiness she got, after all. he'd finally let go of the manipulation he was put under, and never sent another threatening text message again. he truly learnt from his past.

they all grew, changed and formed into so much better people. something so admirable than beforehand.

everyone was happy at last. tommy and val, tubbo and everyone else, rekindled after his past mistakes;

all was well.

-

VERY SHORT A/N

SO LMFAAOOSJDKEBLDNDK NOT THE BOOK ENDING IN THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE DIRECTION AHJSJS THIS BOOK IS FULL OF PLOTTOWSTS SKDND I WONDER HOW MANY OD YOU GUYS I FOOLED LOL

FIRST OF ALL, THIS WILL BE A VERY SHORT A/N BECAUSE I WANT TO DO A SEPARATE CHAPTER FOR A LONG ONE!! YEAH.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY_ED_ LETTERS! this is the end! it really is! more in the last chapter though, because i want to properly thank everyone <3

vote this time . if you're read up to here YOU MIGHT AS WELL!!

thank you for reading letters <3