- 22.

Chapter 22: Thanks for the memories.

"are you serious?" tubbo said. he made a reach for the phone which was unsuccessful.
"not today. we've had more than enough of your shit. you can classify us as NOT friends." tommy shouted from the phone. tubbo sighed, and sat down.

"that's the last thing i'm concerned about. you're not going to do anything val. - right?" he asked uncertainly. "i'm so sorry for trying to do that. it was a huge mistake, i couldn't control how i felt. we were great friends, right? we don't have to throw that all away. we can get along again because you know that this is not what i'm like! i'm just- so sorry."

val rolled her eyes and tommy laughed. tubbo's nearly convincing look of innocence was wiped from his face at once, an angry scowl replacing it. "fine. so be it."

-

there wasn't much that could be done. tubbo wasn't forgiven of course, he had received a better punishment; the one thing he didn't want to happen.

val and tommy forced tubbo to admit that it was him on live, to explain his motives, to tell everyone what a psychopath he truly was. there was not a single person who felt any empathy for him after that.

a month passed by; things were healing.

-

"i do love the spring." val said randomly. tommy took his attention off his work to look outside.
"you know? you're not too wrong there. it's very pretty." he agreed, almost instantly turning back to his work.

"i don't think your idea of distraction is working, tommy. we need to talk about it."
tommy shrugged his head.
"i don't want to. that would be pretty fucking stupid, considering it was something that i'd consider a disaster."

he rested his head on one hand, pencil in the other. val looked at him sorrowfully, silence shared between them.
"i lost my best friend. finding that shit out was mentally and physically exhausting and painful to hear." tommy sighed sadly.
"i know - and i'm sorry. you didn't deserve that at all."

"WE didn't. this happened to both of us." he corrected her, facing his work again.
"it doesn't matter whether it happened to both of us or just one. you were hurt by it, as were many others who knew him or not. you can't let that one night consume you, there's more to life than clinging onto the past."

val saw a sad look return to tommy's face.
"what're you thinking about?"

"although i might hate his fucking guts, i'm just thing about..you know. memories."

"memories?" val repeated, a hint of laughter in her voice.
"course! he may be walking shit but it's alright, we had some laughs."

hearing a dream smp reference hurt to hear.
"maybe we have to focus on the good things? put the insane things he did behind us for TODAY. then we can go back to hating his memory in peace."

"remember when we all tried to play bedwars?"

-

"this is such shit, what the FUCK" tommy yelled, right after his 5th death.

"stop being a pussy. if you're bad at the game, just get better!" val said sarcastically.
"what she said! just be as good as us two." tubbo joined in, tommy grunting in frustration.