- 26.

Chapter 26: Wilbur tries again.

determination is one thing he had,
and never let go of it.

-

"you do?"
"of course i do. why would i not? how could anyone not?"

val smiled for the first time in a long while. "thank you for that, really! you have no idea how much better i feel now."

"i'm glad to be the one to make you smile." tommy repeated, a smile shining through his words.

"if it makes you feel better, this isn't the last time we'll see each other; wilbur tried again."

-

"I DID IT! YOU'RE ALL HERE!" wilbur yelled excitedly, looking round at the group that circled around him. "i'm so happy you're all here. of course, after last time," he looked from tubbo, to tommy, to val and continued: "it ended pretty shit right, it CANNOT end like that. i decided to gather you all here today, for the next 2 weeks, TOGETHER, to have fun!" he was gleaming with excitement, his energy soon filling everyone else in.

he paced back and forth on the sand, getting everyone organised. wilbur seemed a lot happier than beforehand.

"oh for crying out loud!" techno complained, before taking a seat next to val. "good to see you!" he flashed her a kind smile, reaching his hand out for her to shake. obligingly, she shook it with pride.

"even better to see you, techno! i missed you." they hugged for a few moments, before techno gained his composure again.
"yes- right. you know i'm not one for affection." he whispered slightly embarrassed, raising his head high again. val laughed at him, settling in more comfortably on the chair.

the sea splashed by softly, adding a gentle background noise to the many conversations going on.

there was one person, however, who didn't have much participation in any. perhaps it was the reputation, or the mistakes of this individual?

val locks eyes with tubbo, finding herself able to smile at him. tubbo was startled by the gesture, but kindly returned it. he soon made his way over to the girl, water splashing against his feet.

tubbo sighed deeply. "great to see you."
"right back at you." she stared at the ground, memories still flashing everytime she saw him.
"i've forgiven you tubbo, it's time to move on."

tubbo looked up slowly, eyes filled with gratitude. he pulled val into an embrace filled with warmth and thankfulness. his eyes glistened with relieved tears as he pulled away.
"you- you do? i don't mean to sound all excited, or anything but- i was hoping you would!" he said breathlessly, almost twirling round with joy. val laughed gently, a happy smile forming again.

"you deserve forgiveness, tubbo, everyone does. no matter what."

they both looked at the remaining group, techno's gaze switching between the two of them. the waves still calmly splashed against the sand. "say, do we go back?"

val nods, already walking to meet with everyone else. they were all calmly gathered around a bonfire, talking quietly amongst themselves. techno beckoned to the seat next to him, val following suit.

"what happened over there?" he casually interrogated. val focused on the people around her.
"does it matter? we made amends, that's all." she replied quickly, almost as if embarrassed by the story.