- 12.

Chapter 12: Tubbo?? Tommy??
TW: INTRUSIVE AND NEGATIVE THOUGHTS.

My ringtone intruded my thoughts, me jumping to pick it up.

The name 'Tommy' flashed across the screen; i could feel my heart flutter. I guess he did want to talk to me after all.

"Tommy! Oh my god, it's been a while!"
"VAL. Why didn't you call me or text me? For fucks sake, i was so worried."
"Yeah, so worried you didn't bother checking yourself." I frowned at my phone. I heard a sigh.

"I did. Many times, you just never picked up." He shook his head lightly.
"What?" I scrolled through my missed calls, and sure enough, he was correct. "Oh. I'm so sorry-"
"Don't apologise, at least i know you're alright now." His smile radiated from his voice.

"I'm grateful for you Tommy."
"Right back at you."

We talked for hours on end, to the point where i saw that it was 4am. The call was filled with so much fun and laughter, i never wanted it to end. That was when i realised how much i loved being around Tommy, through all the times before, and all the times coming.

"How's you and Tubbo? Spoken to him lately?" I asked, smiling at him.
His energy suddenly lowered. There was a strange tension that had just arose, silence following.

"He's okay." Tommy replied, monotoned.
"That's good! How's the SMP going?" I spoke awkwardly. His smile came back slightly at the subject change.

"Well, it's not going amazing. Not for me, anyway. That green, bald son of a BITCH put me in EXILE! More like he did but-"
"Who did?" I interrupted him.

"L'manburg president. Anyway, he approved of the exile and now i'm on some strange ass land, completely bare with no one to talk to." He laughed at himself. "It's funny how it's all roleplay, sometimes it feels so real."

"In what way?" I found myself asking.
"In EVERY way. All the interactions and attachment, they're so well done, it really fucks with you. It really does Val, i wish you were on the SMP. I know you'd visit me." He rolled his eyes on the last sentence.

He seemed annoyed about something.
"And, i have a tent and sometimes Wil- No, ghostbur comes arou-"
"Tommy, do you mind if i say something?" His expression changed from satire to serious.
"No, course not." He shifted his arms slightly to rest on them.

"How are you? Honestly."

His face sunk a bit. "What do you mean? I'm okay, just a little stressed recently." Tommy's tone was slightly uncomfortable, he knew something i didn't.

"But what's stressing you?" I pressed on.

He looked at me dead in the eyes.

"It's not fucking important, okay? Just leave it." He finally snapped, regret forming almost instantly in his eyes. "Val- I'm sorry. I just don't want to talk about it, nor push you away. I can't loose you too." He looked away.

"Too? Tommy are you-"

The call ended, leaving me confused and alone once again. Hundreds of questions followed, one after another, all things that i should be able to know.

What's worrying him??

Is it me? Someone else?