- 21.

Chapter 21: A setup.

val's letterbox swung open, admitting a tightly knit letter on the floor. groggily, val forces herself out of bed as it may be important.

she picks up the letter, red lace covering the front and back with a neat bow in the middle. the card was a specific brown, only one person she knew used it. heart beating fast, she unravels the letter and sure enough, it's exactly from who she suspected.

tommy.

-

Dear Val,

I'm not good with letters, and you've grown to know that. I want to apologise for all the shit that happened, and want to clarify a few things.

It's a setup. It's very obviously a setup, as the things i was accused of are not true. Yours are, which is why i needed to write this. These past few days i've been busy investigating the patterns of the stories, your texts and a lot more. I've managed to find out from the record holders that there was indeed a person who entered the folder area to find your record specifically.

Only downside is; they don't know who. The person seemed to be fully aware of this happening, so they came fully prepared. The guards have no recollection of what the person looked like or even SOUNDED like.

This is why i'm so worried. We have no idea who, we have no leads, no information. We need to talk as soon as you get this. It had to be done the old fashioned way, right??

You're one of my best friends, and i really don't want to loose you over a past mistake. I was stupid to not understand before that it's not who you are today, and that things you've done in the past don't define who you are now.

Please message me on discord whenever you get this. We need to find this fucker as soon as possible.

- Tommy :)

-

val nodded excitedly. she switched on her long awaiting pc, opening up discord for the first time in months. a message from tommy was there, already letting her know of the letter.

she replied back to him, almost immediately getting a call request. answering in a heartbeat, she hears tommy's tired voice from the other line.

"val. you got my letter right?"
"yeah. i'm so fucking scared." she admitted, looking into tommy's anxious eyes. he gives her a small comforting smile, a tiny gesture but something that meant the world to val. they talk for a few moments, setting the facts straight and laying out new information.

"there's been a lot more revealed. the person really had everything planned out, they were already there at 7am in the morning. right on the clock. they clearly wanted some business don-"
"but who?"
"val, i don't know. that's what we need to find out."

tommy looked firm, probably many thoughts and worries running through him. val decided she had to visit someone who might have more ideas.

"tommy, i'm going to go visit tubbo. you know how he is with these kinds of things, i'm so sure he'd want to help! i'll call you back?" val said, to which tommy nodded.
"before you go, please stay safe. you don't know who's out there."

val gives a small nod, ending the call. with that she gets ready, heading out the front door within minutes.

tubbo opened the door to welcome val in. they both walked to his bedroom, a quiet demeanour surrounding them both.