- 25.

Chapter 25: The talk.
TW: death, s!icide, venting.

sometimes a talk
can change more than everything.

-

"we need to talk."

val fully expected this. tommy's grave tone was always spoke with nothing but confidence, but today he was cowering away, reality hitting them both like a ton of bricks.

"i know." val began, dreading the finish. "it's just we never have enough time-"
"no." he cut her off immediately, a small fraction of his cockiness coming back. "what you're feeling is important. you can't shut yourself out forever."

"and what if i do?"
"you wouldn't. because i'm here to help you."
her head tilted to the direction of her phone. there was silence on both ends, a contemplation arising for the two of them.

"help? how?" val finally asked, paying more attention then beforehand.
"we're going to talk, for however long i have to. i'll stay up all night if you need me to, i'll be on call for days if you need someone to be there. i'm here for you, i'm proud of you and i'll never leave your side. which is why, i'm willing to talk with you for however long time leads us, until you're finally okay again." he spoke fast paced, almost as if he was overcome with nerves.

"you would- you'd do that?" she blinked in surprise. "surely not?"
"of course i would. i would do many things for you." tommy sighed in both relief and realisation.

"let's start here. you're going to let the words spill, whatever you want; say it. don't hold back. not even for a second."

-

TWS COME IN HERE!!!

"i can't do this anymore." she screamed out, voice laced with pain and suffering. "i just- i can't!"

"what do you mean??" val questioned nervously. carefully, she edged her way to her sister, more vulnerable than she's ever known her to be.

"i can't let you watch me do this... watch me try fighting..pushing through. i mean..."

"it should've been me in that coffin." her voice shook slightly. val avoided her gaze.

"i...can't go through that again.." she said finally. the urge for the tears to spill threatened, the more her sister cried.

"you could've died, of course it's different! it's going to be painful, whether you want it to be or not!"

the sister shook her head. "me dying it..it doesn't hurt me." val looked at her in disgust.
"i'm leaving."

"you could come with me, we could stay here but..." her sister began, before being waved off by val.

"no. i've got to go. you dying would not stop the pain; it would pass it onto someone else. you speak so highly of death and i- i don't understand WHY? why would you even want to think about it?? not in my darkest nightmares would i want to leave this earth. what's up with you?? what HAPPENED?"

val took a deep breath.
"carry on."

she sighed.

"because, what if i just find the idea fascinating!"
"are you sure it's not about those girls? those who bully you relentlessly, everyday?"