Chapter 64

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

**

Giovanni

I lied to her.

I wasn't headed to Valencia but instead, I was going to London. The day I realised I was in love with Isabella was the day I knew I was going to marry her. A few weeks after she moved in, I bought a ring and I kept it hidden, waiting for the right moment to propose to her. For months she spoke about how it saddened her that her relationship with her family was the way it was and I knew what I had to try and do. I couldn't propose to her without at least letting her family know my intentions. I was a traditional man when it came to stuff like that. I wasn't going to ask for their blessing because I didn't need it - I just needed them to know I was going to take care of their daughter for the rest of my life.

I landed in London and I was full of nerves. Her mother wasn't my favourite person but I was adamant to keep my cool and respectfully let her know that I was going to ask for her daughter's hand in marriage. I hailed a taxi and slipped inside as a light drizzle started to come down.

"The London Herald offices, please," I asked the cab driver and he took off down the street

I left Isabella a message telling her that I had landed safely. I didn't want to tell her that I was here. She had kept in touch with her dad as frequently as she could and Camila had recently started to make an effort. Her mother was truly a lost cause and although she said she didn't care, I knew that deep down she wishes things could be different. I was prepared for whatever insults Gloria Avery was going to throw my way. None of that mattered to me except doing the respectable thing for the sake of Isabella.

The taxi stopped outside a tall building and I quickly paid him for the ride. I took a deep breath in and stepped outside, trying to gather my composure. My palms were sweaty and I wiped them off against my jeans. I had underestimated how nervous I was. I pushed through the doors and was welcomed by the receptionist sitting behind the desk. A huge sign was against the wall behind her that very proudly announced "The London Herald".

She smiled and politely greeted me with her thick British accent, "Good morning, Sir. How can I help you today?"

"Hi, I'm here to see Oscar Avery," I explained, "I should have an appointment scheduled for one o'clock,"

I wasn't sure how busy her parents were so I made sure to make an appointment. I lied and said I was interested in learning more about the ad space in their digital editions. I didn't know shit about that but it was good enough to get an appointment with her father.

"Yes sir, you can head up to the second floor," she said, "He should be expecting you,"

I said my thank you's and turned towards the elevator. The doors opened and I stepped inside. I didn't think I had ever been more nervous about anything in my life and I had to remind myself to keep my shit together. I was here to speak about their daughter and that should be easy enough since I was completely in love with her.

The elevator doors opened and I was surprised to see Camila waiting on the other side. She couldn't hide the surprise on her face as we made eye contact

"Giovanni?" She asked, surprised, "What in the world are you doing here?"

"Hi, Camila," I said and stepped out of the elevator, "I'm actually here to see your parents. Well, your father mainly,"