Chapter 53

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

**

Isabella

"I'm just getting dressed and then we can make popcorn," I shouted to Reyna from my room

We had finished off the last of our attempt at a spring-clean and I quickly took a shower before we were going to binge-watch something on Netflix. I was exhausted - mentally and physically so I was looking forward to mindless watching right now. I quickly got changed, ensuring I had multiple layers to keep out the cold lingering breeze that the storm had caused. I heard a phone ringing in the distance. I had put mine on charge before I stepped into the shower. It had died earlier but I didn't have the energy to turn it back on. I didn't want to see the messages that I was pretty sure I had received from Lorenzo. I also didn't want to be reminded of the fact that there wouldn't be a message from Giovanni. I couldn't bring myself to change my wallpaper either so I'd have to see his smiling face looking up at me and I just didn't have it in me.

"Isabella!" Reyna shouted from the lounge,

I strolled down the hallway leading into the kitchen as Reyna's worried face came into view

"What's going on?" I asked, the sudden concern building up inside of me

She had her phone to her ear, listening intently to the person on the other end, "Okay, let us know which hospital,"

Hospital? Now, I was definitely worried

"Reyna, what's going on?"

"I'll let you know when we get there, Alvaro,"

Alvaro? Oh my God. What was going on? What could possibly be the reason for Reyna to be speaking to Giovanni's brother right now?

Oh no.

Giovanni

A sick feeling entered my stomach and I was consumed by the fear of what could be coming next. Reyna hung up the phone and walked over to me, not being able to contain the fear across her face.

"Izzy, I need you to listen to me carefully okay?" She started

"Reyna, what the hell is going on here?" My voice was shaking now, "You're scaring me,"

"Giovanni was in a car accident,"

I jerked my head back trying to process what she had just told me.

Giovanni was in an accident?

Oh my God. My sweet sweet Giovanni. What was happening? The sick feeling inside my stomach turned to a deep fear I had never experienced before and I felt my breathing start to become unnerved. I couldn't pay attention to anything else that she was saying. Her voice became nothing but an echo in the back of my mind. I was bombarded with fragmented thoughts to him and the sickening fear of what was going to happen next.

"Izzy? Are you listening to me?" Reyna snapped me out of my trance

I turned back to her, swallowing as a numb feeling settled over me, "What did you say?"

"I said they're on the way to the hospital with him now. Some drunk driver skipped a red light and hit his side of the car," her voice quaked as she tried to keep it together for my sake, "We need to go meet Alvaro at the hospital,"