Chapter 26

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

**

Isabella

"What, Giovanni?" I snapped

I crossed my arms across my chest, waiting for his response. He tells me he doesn't need my help and yet, that was exactly what he needed. Not even a few minutes ago I was helping him sit up because he couldn't do it himself. It was killing me to see him self-destruct like this. That was the last thing I ever wanted for him and I felt so guilty about it.

He leaned against the counter and hung his head in defeat, "I needed to see you, Isabella,"

My heart contracted at his words. A few weeks ago I would have reveled in those words but now it was torture. My heart was calling out for him but my head was warning me against giving into my emotions again. Every time I did that, I made it more difficult to pull myself away from him.

"And I'm sorry I rocked up at your place unannounced but I didn't know what else to do,"

He looked up and his sad eyes met mine, "Alvaro asked me to go check on our mother earlier today. She went back home after staying with him and I needed to make sure she was okay with being alone,"

I had completely forgotten about everything that happened with his parents. So much had happened over the last few weeks that it never occurred to me that this was still a situation in his life to be dealt with. I relaxed my arms and walked over to the counter, placing my bag back down.

"Turns out my mother is also having an affair," He looked away

No. Way.

"As I arrived I saw her at the top of the stairs kissing someone who was not my father,"

I couldn't contain the shock that spread across my face. My hand covered my mouth as I tried to process what he just told me. He caught his father and now his mother being unfaithful and suddenly his behaviour made sense to me. He was in a fit rage when he caught his father - he had so much that he hadn't dealt with and catching his father again just made it all worse. I couldn't imagine what it must have been like to catch his mother - the person who was closest to him and the person he worked so hard to protect.

"Giovanni, I'm sorry," I murmured and walked over to him,

"And I know that we're broken up," his voice was laced with sadness, "But you were there for me in Valencia and I just didn't know who else to turn to,"

That was the last straw for me. I couldn't hold back my emotions any longer and I walked over to him, positioning myself in between his legs as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He buried his head in my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist. Nothing felt more right than being able to hold him again. He held onto me tighter and I allowed myself to be consumed by my feelings for him again. I had worked so hard to push it away but it was proving to be a very trying task.

"Does your mother know you were there?" I asked softly

"No," he murmured into my shoulder, "I left before anyone realised I was there,"

He pulled away to face me but still kept his arms around me, "I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about this,"

"There are no instructions on how you're supposed to feel," I brought my hand up to cup his cheek, "You just feel what you feel,"