Chapter 17

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

**

Isabella

My head was killing me.

I slowly opened my eyes as I was greeted by the day. The sun was peeping through the curtains and the memories of last night came flooding back.

Oh fuck

I sat right up, looking around Giovanni's room. The abrupt movement really wasn't helping the pounding from behind my eyes. I pulled the blanket over my naked body. I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to get a handle on my thoughts. I remembered brief fragments of storming through his place trying to find him. I remembered his hot, wet body as he stepped out of the bathroom. I remembered him pinning me against the wall. 

My cheeks flushed at the memories of what came next

"Isabella," I groaned to myself and hung my head in my hands

What were you thinking? How could I have allowed myself to end up in Giovanni's bed again? This was such a bad idea and I needed to get out of here. I slowly moved off his bed and scanned the room for my clothes. I quickly found my underwear and bra and slipped back into them. I was searching for my dress again and this was reminiscent of the first night I slept with him. What was I going to say to him? I should never have ended up in his bed and yet the reminder of his presence between my legs was making it difficult for me to want to leave at all. I found my dress and pulled it over me, zipping it in place. My bag and shoes were waiting in the corner and I quickly reached for them. I slipped out of his room and slowly made my way downstairs. I had to keep my movements slower than usual - the raging headache and lingering dizziness were begging me to. As I turned around the corner towards the kitchen, there he stood behind the counter.

"Morning," he smiled

He had nothing on but a pair of grey sweatpants, hanging perfectly at his waist. He has got to be doing this on purpose. He knew how much I loved the sight of his body and I couldn't keep my eyes off him.

"Uh hi," I mumbled awkwardly

"You're not trying to run away again are you?" He joked, "'Cause this feels very familiar,"

I couldn't help but smile at his reference to the morning after we first slept together. This was reminiscent of that day - I was so adamant to keep to Reyna's rules that I really thought I could run away without him seeing. That was definitely not what happened next but I couldn't allow myself to think of that.

He placed a glass of water and two tablets on the counter, "I was going to bring this to you,"

I walked towards the counter, "Thank you,"

I picked the tablets up and brought the water to my lips, washing them down my throat. I was really hoping they would start kicking in soon because my head was pounding.

He leaned against the counter and flicked his eyes to meet mine. My breath caught in my throat, I was sick to my stomach with nerves. I had no idea how I was supposed to get out of this.

"Breakfast?" He asked, "I can order us something or we can go out and ge-,"

"Giovanni," I interrupted him, "I'm sorry but I think I should leave,"