Chapter 42

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

**Mature content in this book | +18 only

**

Giovanni

She looked so fucking good.

It was taking every inch of self-control I had not to pull into her. I was dying too. Being so close to her and not being able to worship her body the way she deserved was killing me. And now here she was looking sexy as hell. She deserved to have the floor she walked on worshipped. I would happily bow down to her if that was what she wanted.

I went around the other side of the car and opened her door for her. I held out my hand and she slid her hand into it and smiled. There was happiness in her hazel eyes and I watched as she was slowly returning to the Isabella I once knew. The woman she was before I broke her heart. I wanted the light back inside of her - I just wanted to make her happy again. There were tons of people in line to enter the villa where the Christmas party was taking place. My parents were excessive when it came to this party - it was the one time of the year for them to make a big statement in society and hide it behind a good cause. We stood on a red carpet that was rolled out and a big feature was created with balloons and other creative pieces put together in a half-moon-shaped entrance that resembled various elements in a casino - cards, chips, roulette tables. Everything added to the theme perfectly. I nodded to the security at the front that were standing with clipboards in their hands. My father had been working with the same security company for years now. He used it for the business and every event we had so they knew who I was.

"Don't they need our names?" Isabella asked

"They work for my dad so they know who I am,"

"Okay arrogant one," she teased and playfully nudged my arm

I chuckled and led her into the large hall. They really went all out this year. They had managed to create a mini-casino inside the hall. You couldn't help but glance up at the large chandelier that hung in the middle of the room. It was extravagant and a real centerpiece for the room. There were tables of blackjack and roulette scattered throughout. Crowds had already started to form around them as well as the dinner tables laid out. The dance floor was packed with people throwing their hands in the air enjoying the music the DJ was blaring through the speakers. Each year these parties got bigger and bigger. A sign wishing everyone a Merry Christmas was standing on the left side of the stage and next to it was the long table with the silent auction.

"You should check out the silent auction," I pointed to the corner where the table was set up, "We do it every year and there are some pretty cool items,"

"Pretty cool expensive items I'm sure," she replied, "My bank account can hardly compete with the people in the upper-class society that are attending tonight,"

I laughed, "Then maybe you should try a couple of these games? How about blackjack?"

"And lose all my money?" She lifted an eyebrow playfully, "A strong no from me,"

"I'll have to make some bets for us," I teased

I glanced over the seating arrangement as we continued through the hall. We were at table one with the rest of my family. I looked around but couldn't see any of them insight. My mother and father were definitely around here somewhere. They'd never be late to their own party.

A young waiter carrying a tray of champagne stopped in front of us and offered us each a glass. I reached for two and turned to Isabella, handing her one

"To our first Christmas party together," I leaned my glass to hers and she returned the gesture before bringing it up to her lips

I didn't want to think about the possibility that this could be our first and last. I had a strange sense of hope that had settled over me. The last couple of days with her have been just what I wanted. I wanted things to feel like they had before and it did. It felt right with her next to me.

Isabella was the one for me and I wanted her to be mine again.