Chapter 7

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

**

Isabella

It had been days since I left Giovanni and yet, the pain was like a fresh wound. I wallowed in my own self-pity. I was the one who broke up with him. I didn't want to - how could I have possibly wanted to leave the man I loved more than anything in this world? But I needed to. I didn't have it in me to watch him have a baby with Casey.

For days I followed the same routine of crying, barely eating, and finding what little sleep I could manage. I didn't leave my bed if I could avoid it. I didn't want to face the world. I hadn't checked my phone in days. I didn't even know where it was. If I unlocked it, I would be greeted by a happier time between Giovanni and me. That time by the fountains where we took our first picture together - that memory was now a snapshot in time that I had made my wallpaper. I would never be able to get over him. I tried so hard to push him out of my mind but it was proving to be impossible. He invaded my thoughts and my dreams. For the first time in my life, I felt truly broken.

That evening after breaking up with Giovanni, I couldn't stop crying. I was at war with myself - a part of me regretted walking away from him but the other part of me was absolutely terrified of him having a baby with Casey. I wasn't strong enough to put myself in that situation. How could I have ever prepared for something like that?

As the days went by, the heartbreak didn't weaken. It intensified with each passing moment without him. I was empty inside. Nothing but a hollow void was left where my heart used to be. Was he thinking about me? Has he gone to see Casey yet? What did they talk about? By the fifth day after our breakup, I was starting to drive myself crazy thinking about the two of them together and the inevitable joy that came along with having a baby. I constantly felt sick to my stomach. Reyna had tried, unsuccessfully, to distract me but by the time the end of the week rolled around, she was finally successful in actually getting me to leave my bed. I didn't want to but I had to start doing something more than wallow in my own heartbreak. She was headed to finish off the last few walls at the coffee shop so after a little pep talk between me and me, I dragged myself out of bed and attempted to have a normal day.

"Don't forget to dress warm," Reyna shouted from the kitchen

I walked over to my dressing table and pulled out another jersey to pull over the one I already had. I had underestimated how unforgiving Barcelona's winter could be

Just like Giovanni said it would be

No. Don't think of him. I pushed that thought away and reached for my hairbrush, focusing on getting this hair under control. I pulled it into a high ponytail and stepped in front of the mirror.

A stranger with empty eyes stared back at me.

With dark bags under my eyes and my skin clinging to my cheekbones, this was the first time I had noticed my sudden weight loss. When was the last time I had a decent meal? I couldn't even remember. It surprised me to see myself like that. Not a flicker of life inside of me.

"Izzy, you ready?" Reyna shouted

I turned away from the hollow girl in front of me

"Yeah, let's go,"