Chapter 2

*As always, this story is on-going and changes will be made along the way

*This book is written from the perspective of both Isabella and Giovanni

Thank you to each and every one of you for reading my book. Your support is everything to me! :)

Feel free to comment & vote below!

Isabella

I was a few blocks from my apartment when the rain started to come down. I quickened my pace and pushed myself through the building. The whole ride back I tried to wrap my head around everything but I couldn't. It was too difficult for me to think about. The pain in my chest deepened with each thought and the tears were finding it difficult to stay put. I unlocked my front door to silence and shut it behind me. I couldn't make it one step further before I leaned against the door and fell to the floor, finally allowing the tears I was holding back to consume me.

I cried. I cried like I had never cried before. The pain consumed me - every thought of Giovanni made it worse. I loved him. Oh, how I Ioved him. I always knew that the heartbreak I'd feel from Giovanni would be a pain I had never felt before and I was right. I never expected that this would be the way I would be welcomed back home. What was I supposed to do? How was I supposed to react in a situation like this? I pulled my knees towards my chest, attempting to drown out the aching feeling. I didn't know how much time had passed before I finally managed to stop the tears from falling, a numb feeling settling over me instead. I leaned my head against the door, closing my eyes as I tried to find a moment of peace. 

Suddenly, I heard the banging from outside my door and jerked my eyes open

"Isabella, please open the door," Giovanni shouted from outside

I froze, unable to move. What was he doing here? I didn't want to see him. I couldn't see him. I wouldn't be able to keep it together.

"Izzy, baby, I know you're in there," his tone softening, "Please open up for me,"

I unwrapped my arms from my legs and slowly brought myself up. I stared at the door handle. One swift movement and I would open the door to him. I would see him standing in front of me and I would be forced to have my heart broken all over again. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

He knocked on the door, "Isabella, please,"

I heard the desperation in his voice. I had never heard it before but it was there along with an underlying subtle hint of sadness. It hurt me to hear him like that but I couldn't move. I couldn't open the door and allow him to come inside. I couldn't do that to myself. I needed time. I had to process all of this and figure out what the hell I was going to do. It was silent for a few minutes but then I heard his voice through the door again

"I know how this must look but we need to talk about this," he begged, "I need to explain things. I need to figure this out but I need you, Isabella, please,"

I shut my eyes in an attempt to stop the newly formed tears but I was unsuccessful. They started streaming down my face once more.

"I love you so much, Isabella," he murmured, "You don't realize how much I love you. Please open the door so we can talk. I can't lose you,"

A part of me was screaming to let him in. One look at him and everything would be okay, she whispered in my mind.

But that wouldn't change the facts.

I covered my mouth with my hand in an attempt to control the muffled cries I couldn't contain. The tears kept flowing.

"Isabella, please don't run away from this. I know you must have a million questions but I just need to see you, baby, please just open the door,"

I did have a million questions and a million emotional reactions running through my head. I was the worst in situations like this. I couldn't help but run and cower away from it. It was my terrible attempt at dealing with pain and this was a different kind of heartbreak that I hadn't experienced before. I didn't move. He continued at my door but I couldn't bring myself to open it and face him. Not now.

Instead, I reached up to the door and twisted the key, making sure it was locked. I was not going to let Giovanni in. My heart couldn't handle any more of this right now. I dragged myself to the couch and dropped down, burying my head against the pillow as I cried into it.

"I know you, Isabella, you run away when things get difficult but I'm begging you not to do that now. Not before we've had a chance to speak. I need you, mi hermosa, please," he choked

My heart contracted at the sound of his pain. Hearing his sadness only made me cry harder. I didn't know how long he continued at my door before he finally accepted defeat.

"I'll give you your space for now," he shouted, "But I won't stop Isabella. We are going to figure this out together. I love you, please,"

With each word from him, I cried harder into the pillow. The heartbreak consuming me more and more. I cried to the sounds of the footsteps of the man I loved walking away.