55. Let me have my moment!

Let me have my moment!
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which you take 'trust-fall'
to the next level.

_________________________

   You were quick to react. As Dream fell to his death, screaming your name in confusion, you took a fire-resistance arrow from your quiver and placed it on your bow. You aimed it at his ankle, and took a second to predict his falling body's pattern. Then you let go, and Dream let out another scream before hitting the lava, to let you know that you had hit him. Thank goodness. 

   You took another fire resistance arrow and stabbed it right into the back of your hand, already feeling the effects kicking in. You were just about to follow Dream when you felt several pairs of hands grabbing your arms, shoulders, and legs. The piglins had been faster than you had given them credit for. You cursed loudly, using all of your energy to get yourself free from their grasp. You tried throwing yourself forward. You managed to wriggle your shoulders and arms free, but not your legs. That wasn't very lucky, considering how you were now falling forward, not being able to regain balance. You fell head-first over the edge.

   The piglins had to let go in order not to fall down with you, but it was already too late. You fell, and you saw the lava rush closer to you, soon consuming you completely with a loud splash.

   The lava was very thick, and even though the warmth didn't kill you (in fact it almost felt cold), the landing still hurt like hell. It was as landing on cement, and you heard your spine scream for help. Your skull magically didn't break, but it sure felt like it. You didn't have the capacity to move.

   You forced your eyes open either way, but all you saw was orange. A cold, orange liquid that was way harder to move in, than water. It felt like minutes before your body allowed you to move again. You tried to swim up, but the lava grabbed you like a fist and pulled you down. The pain in your head was overwhelming, and you knew it was no use to struggle.

   Somewhere, very far away, you heard Dream call out your name repeatedly. You wanted to get to him, but it was so hard to move. You felt paralyzed.

   You squeezed your mouth shut and tried not to panic, but it was almost impossible not to. You could see nothing but orange on all sides. The only thing you could hear was yourself gesticulating with arms and legs, and Dream's distant voice.

   For a moment, that was all your ears picked up. But then you registered another voice, as you body continuously sank down. 

   "(Y/n), can you hear me? Are you there?" 

   It wasn't like Dream's voice that was calling you from above the surface. This voice was calling you from inside your own head. But how was that even possible? Were you dying? Was the fire resistance already wearing off? Now that you thought about it, the lava was getting a bit warmer.