20. Quality time with Techno, the potato-man

Quality time with Techno, the potato-man
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which you find yourself in a win-win situation.
Free-bed-and-free-food. Who could ask for more?
_____________________________________

 Who could ask for more?_____________________________________

-eaalime on twitter

You've never really thought of how many potatoes a man could possibly farm in one day. But if you have had to take a guess, it wouldn't have come near as many as your new friend, Techno, had just farmed in less than an hour. An hour. You were honestly surprised that he was known for his amazing combat skills, and not his ability to farm potatoes.

"I don't know. I just like potatoes." Techno shrugged, when you had asked him why he would need that much food - he already had plenty at home.

You nodded, not really questioning it. You had just met him, it was way too early to judge him and his weird fetish for potatoes.

Techno then began making his way back to his home, with four sacks of potatoes over his shoulder. He didn't tell you to help or follow him, but that was the least you could do. You bowed down and took four potato sacks yourself - but you quickly realized that you weren't nearly as strong as Techno, so you dropped two of them.

They were still heavy, and you practically dragged your feet through the snow. It was still cold outside, but Techno had borrowed you an aviator's jacket he had around somewhere, so you weren't freezing to death anymore. Besides that, you had also changed from your L'manburg uniform to your original purple and black clothing - it was a little bit warmer.

"Damn." You let out a sigh of exhaustion when you reached Techno's house and threw the potato sacks just outside. You were out of breath and had to rest your hands on each of your knees for support. "That was tough."

"(Y/n), there's still about 50 sacks left."

You squinted your eyes in pain, looking at him. "Oh. Oh, right."

"You don't have to help me"

"But I want to help!"

"Let me rephrase: Don't help me."

And with that, he began his way back. You looked after him with a bothered expression. He had just agreed to let you stay at his house, the least you could do was help him in his daily routines. But then again, if he didn't want your help, you didn't want to push yourself.

And like... It wasn't like the one thing you wanted to do right now was to carry multiple sacks of potatoes. So with that, you went up the stairs into his home.

You took your shoes off, throwing yourself onto the sofa.

You tried to sleep, but despite you being exhausted for life, you just couldn't. It was because of your curiosity. You wanted to know more about this house. You could see there was a ladder upstairs and a staircase downstairs. You'd like to know the house you were staying at.