39. The secret-bestie-bond

The secret-bestie-bond
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which you touched the dick...
______________________________

-chewwypepsicola on twitter

Your hands found their way to your mouth. If it was to suppress a laugh or because you were shocked, you had no idea. Either way, the satisfaction you felt was absolutely overwhelming.

Quackity had done it. He had fricking done it. He had killed Schlatt right in front of you, making everything a hundred times easier without even being aware of it. He had run straight into the woods afterward, but you were way too distracted to give that a second thought.

You couldn't help but run towards Schlatt's disappearing body. He was laying right where Quackity had left him, face locked in a shocked expression. The arrow was planted deeply in his chest, coloring his formal clothes a dark shade of red.

You wanted to smile, but you were too shocked to move a single muscle in your face. Schlatt only had one life left now. You didn't have to worry about him respawning anymore, because the next time he died, he simply wouldn't. He'd be gone forever, making the world a better place in the act.

Now he only needed to watch Manburg blow up before you could take the revenge you so desperately needed.

The temptation to find the place Schlatt would respawn, to end him then and there, was almost irresistible. Your body ached for it.

But your mind reminded you of Wilbur's words. Schlatt didn't just deserve to die; He needed to watch everything he loved be destroyed first. Only then you would be even.

And now you seriously needed to go after Quackity before he got lost in the woods.

You shot one last glance of Schlatt, promising yourself that the next time he would die, it would be by your hands. You forced yourself away from the beautiful sight of Schlatt's disappearing body and ran in the direction Quackity had disappeared in.

It was very easy to spot his blue clothing in the middle of the green forest. Quackity had been running away from Manburg at the speed of light, but now that he had gotten away, he was walking around in circles, not knowing what to do or where to go.

He had just killed the president. He didn't know the area at all, but he knew he couldn't return to Manburg. But he most definitely couldn't continue walking away either. So what was he supposed to do now?

When you had gotten close enough, you debated if you should take out your bow. It was a good idea to have a weapon to defend yourself with if Quackity wouldn't act so friendly towards you as you hoped. But you didn't want to appear as a threat either.

You let your hand fall back to your side, deciding to trust your guts. Quackity wouldn't hurt you - not after what had just happened. You were his only option left. And his bestie.