3. Wilbur the fox-fucker

Wilbur the fox-fucker
___________________
In which... Yeah, no,
the title says it all.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

   L'manburg wasn't what you had thought it'd be, but it was very pretty

L'manburg wasn't what you had thought it'd be, but it was very pretty. There were far fewer houses than you had expected - in fact, the only things within the walls were a medical room, the place where they slept, and then the van located in the center. There was some beautiful nature, which got reflected in a lake right next to the van. Some chests were placed randomly around the area, as well as some torches. It was quite a lovely place.

And then there were the walls. They were black with a tiny bit of yellow and very tall. It looked like they were wide enough for someone to walk around up there, keeping watch. They were quite intimidating and could be seen from miles away - maybe even to the place the enemies were.

"This is L'manburg. It's not very big, but we're planning on expanding when we get our independence." Wilbur explained, looking proudly around.

"I like it." You stated truthfully. This indeed was a place you'd be willing to protect.

They gave you a quick tour, even though you had seen most of it just from standing in front of the van. They showed you all of their secret chests filled with weapons and armor. When you noticed they didn't have many golden apples, you took out a stack of gold blocks and a stack of apples from your inventory and put it in the chest. They each gasped and thanked you. You were just glad you could help.

"Can we show her my discs?" Tommy asked Wilbur, as you made your way back to the van.

Wilbur nodded, as you rose your brows. "Discs? As in music discs?"

"Yeah," Tommy said, opening his chest, showing you the shiny, round objects. "They're named Cat and Mellohi. They're our most valuable possessions. They've been in Dreams hands plenty of times, but we've always managed to get them back."

"Damn," you said, examining them. They were very pretty. You loved touching the smooth surface. You wondered if their melodies were just as pretty. "So Dream wants your discs? Why?"

"Because they are valuable to us. Nothing more." Fundy said. "One time, when they were in his possession, he wanted to trade them for Tommy's netherite chest plate."

You would've spat out water if you have had any. "They're just as valuable as a netherite chest plate?!"

"Back then, yes. They've increased a lot in value since then. A whole set of netherite armor wouldn't even be enough to cover one of them now." Tommy said, proud that he was the current owner of them.

You almost felt honored that they even showed them to you, if they were as valuable as they claimed. Your twisted mind pictures how easy it would be to just take the discs and run, but of course, you wouldn't do that. It was mindblowing that they were that valuable, though.