37. (Y/n) going full emo

(Y/n) going full emo
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which you slapped that pig in self defense
_____________________________________

(Y/n) going full emo*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*In which you slapped that pig in self defense_____________________________________

-vantaasy on twitter

   "What is it, Niki?" You asked her, after following her into a private and empty room. It was only you, her, and the stone-walls surrounding you.

You had noticed Niki had acted a little off when you had talked with the others, but you hadn't realized it was this bad. Her hands were folded and raised for her nose to rest on them. Her two blonde locks clung to her cheek with the help of either sweat or tears on her chin. Her breathing was unsteady and her brows knitted together. Overall, she looked like someone who really needed a hug. So of course, you gave her one.

The girl completely broke down under your touch. She wrapped her arms around you and cried into your shoulder. Her eyes were closed, while yours widened in worry.

"Hey, Niki. Hey, It's okay. What's the matter?" You asked in a whisper, worried that if you spoke any louder she'd get scared. You stroked her hair and kept doing so until she was ready to speak up.

Was it because of Jack? Because he had been left behind in Manburg? Or maybe, she had just been so scared of today's events and the upcoming war, and this was her way to let off some steam? Either way, you really wanted to help her in any way you could. Niki crying was heartbreaking.

She slowly pulled away after a good minute of the embrace. She wiped her tears away and sniffed. Managed to smile. You returned it.

"What's the matter?" You softly repeated your question.

She let out a shaky breath. "I-It's Wilbur. He's been... acting really strange lately, and I feel like I'm losing him." She looked up at your confused expression and decided to elaborate. "We've known each other for years, him and I. It was Wilbur who wrote me a letter, telling me to come to Manburg in the first place. We're... best friends."

Your jaw forgot how to keep your mouth closed. Sure, you had expected Wilbur and Niki to know each other, considering how they were on the same side, but you would have never guessed their relationship went deeper than that. You felt really bad. Even for you, it was hard seeing Wilbur losing his mind - you couldn't imagine what it was like for Niki.

"You've been living here with him for the past week." Niki continued. "Do you... I mean, have you noticed anything? Anything weird about him, his behavior?"

At first, her question was met with silence. You felt your response die in your throat at the sound of Niki's soft voice. There was a hint of hope in her eyes, and you didn't want it to fade. You knew it would, if you answered her question truthfully. 

But you simply had to. You've been lied to multiple times within the past days, and you didn't want to do the same to Niki.

"It's not looking good," You admitted. "He's not been the same after I came back. The expressions on his face, the way he talks about doing things without thinking of the consequences. It's like he's lost his logic - and his logic used to be his strongest trait. And he's only one press of a button away from blowing up Manburg. The temptation is killing him, it's the only thing he thinks about, and-" You stopped. Stiffened. "Wait, you know about the whole blowing-up-Manburg thing, right?"