23. The old (Y/n) can't come to the phone rn

The old (Y/n) can't come to the phone rn.
Why? Oh! because she's dead
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which you meet Niki and...
Jack Manifold? Jack Mani-fall-off-bridge?
____________________________________

 Jack Manifold? Jack Mani-fall-off-bridge?____________________________________

-schlippyaxe on twitter

A long time ago, longer than any person would be able to remember, hell sent humans the evilest disease of all time. A disease that would spread, spread, and spread - it was eternal and couldn't be stopped no matter what you did. There was no cure and when you got infected, the disease would only grow on you. And you would eventually take it to the grave. It could easily be the death of you.

That disease, the humans called 'love'.

And it was about to be the death of Schlatt.

Not because it was him who had got caught by the disease - but because you had. The love of your best friend who had died by Schlatt's hands. You had got caught in the sickness and hadn't realized it before it was too late. You had completely lost yourself in it. It was this disease that had changed you - that had turned everything you used to be morally against into a to-do list.

You've never really been the angry type of person - or at least a person to hold grudges. But it was amazing how a person could change from one moment to the other. You could finally understand how it felt to have a mindset like Tommyinnit's.

You waited for at least an hour after Dream had left you alone, to make sure he was fully gone. Then you went straight down into Techno's basement, taking at least twenty ender-pearls.

You didn't think of the consequences of stealing from your friend. In fact, you didn't really think of anything. You didn't feel anything. Ever since Dream told you what Schlatt had done, it was like a shadow had crawled upon your face, darkening your vision and mind. And it wouldn't go away. It entered all of your air-ways and wrapped itself around your heart like a blanket.

It felt heavy and it hurt at first. But as time went by all you felt was protection.

You were completely and utterly emotionless. The last time you had felt like anywhere near this, was when your parents had died. You had been in a very dark place in life back then too, but that all changed when you met him. But this time, it was different. You weren't a kid anymore. And he wasn't around anymore to light up your dark.

And this time - you were angry. No, furious. At a person, you didn't even know. All you knew, was that he had taken the life of the person that meant the most to you - and he was going to pay for that. You didn't care how far you had to go in order to satisfy your need for justification.

You opened the door and went outside, with no intention of ever coming back. You locked the door behind you, and did the one thing Dream had forbidden you; Returning to L'manburg.