22. Breaking point

Breaking point
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which Dream fucks up.
Pretty-fucking-badly.
____________________

    Your jaw dropped and your questions battled each other for which one to be asked first

    Your jaw dropped and your questions battled each other for which one to be asked first. . "Tommy and Wilbur are what!? Why!? And by who? Who's the president?! I didn't even know L'manburg had a president!"

   "It's Manburg now." He corrected you in a smug tone - a tone you hadn't missed at all. "And much has happened since you left. Many new people have come to Manburg now."

   Oh, that mustn't be very pleasant for Dream. Was that why he was here? He loved to be in control, and now 'Manburg' was being controlled by someone else.

   "I'm going to help them." You mumbled as you put back on your jacket but Dream stepped in front of the door, blocking your way out.

   "No, you aren't. (Y/n), remember that Tommy and Wilbur were the ones throwing you out in the first place. Besides, don't you have a village to go to tomorrow?"

   You frowned. "How do you know that?"

   "I told you. I know everything."

   "Well, I don't care." You tried going around him. "Wilbur and Tommy's lives might be in danger. And they're my friends too. I guess my old friend will have to wait a little bit longer."

   "I already promised you that I'd protect Tommy from the shadows. You don't know it, but I'm partly on their side now. They are teaming with me so I can help them against the president."

   "Oh, they're teaming with you now? That's comforting, thanks Dream. Now I don't want to go at all." You said sarcastically as you tried pushing him aside. He wouldn't budge.

   "It might be your only chance of finding your friend. Such contest won't be held again."

   You froze. He was right. This might be your only chance to find your friend. Were you really going to blow that chance, just because Tommy and Wilbur may need your help? Techno was already there for them after all...

   But so was Dream. And you didn't trust him. You knew that there was more to this than what he told you. Something was happening in L'manburg, you could feel it. Besides, you weren't even sure that your old friend would show up at the contest. It was only a small possibility.

   "I guess I'll have to hurry then."

   "I'm not letting you return to Manburg." Dream said, taking a hold of your arms, keeping you in place. You writhed out of his grip, pushing him away.

   "Dude, why do you care so much? Look, I appreciate you telling me, but this isn't any of your business. Now would you so kindly either tell me why I can't walk out of that door or step the fuck aside." Your voice was stern, almost threatening.