14. A deal with the devil

A deal with the devil
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
In which Dream earns some of your respect
- but not all, because he's still a huge dick
_____________________________________

-OliverSonder on twitter

   "You what!?" You practically screamed upon hearing what kind of deal Tommy had made with Dream.

   You were up in L'manburg again, along with everyone else. You stood next to the van, which magically remained untouched from the explosion - everything else was just a giant hole of mud, dirt, and water. Wilbur and Tommy had just gotten back - and with some news, you weren't very fond of.

   "But Tommy, that's- you can't do that!" Tubbo exclaimed, his eyes filled with worry. Tommy had just told you about how he would be fighting Dream in a 1v1. If he won, he would get L'manburg the independence it so rightfully deserves, but if he lost he would lose yet another life and give Dream one of his discs.

   "Look, I know the independence is important to you - but it's not more important than your life!" You tried to convince the boy, but he had already made up his mind.

   "I told him that too." Wilbur sighed. You rose your brow at him. If you weren't mistaken, he was the one who allowed Tommy to battle Dream in the first place.

   "But you don't understand!" Tommy spoke up. "L'manburg is our lives - if we don't get our independence, all of this, everything would've been for nothing... I have to at least try."

   "Tommy look around!" You raised your voice, gesturing to the giant hole that once was the beautiful land of L'manburg. "Dream has destroyed almost everything! He was always one step ahead of us. We never stood a chance against him, we weren't even close. So even if you somehow manage to get us independence, it would only be a matter of time before we piss Dream off again, and he'll blow L'manburg up once and for all!"

   You tried knocking some sense into him. Were you the only one who could see the problem in this? Were you the only one who realized that you had all been played by Dream, and that he wouldn't hesitate to do it again? The smartest move right now would be to back out.

"That's easy for you to say!" Tommy snapped. "You don't care about L'manburg like we do."

   "You're absolutely right!" You hissed back. The two of you were looking intensely at each other, while Tubbo was hiding behind Wilbur. "I don't. But I care about you guys. And I'm not gonna let you risk your life like that in a battle you can't win! I'm not allowing you to."

"Well, you don't get to decide for me!" Tommy's eyes were angry, and so was yours.

   Didn't he realize that if he died, he would only have one life left? That was nothing for a 16-year old boy. You wouldn't let him die. You weren't gonna lose any more friends.