The Difference Between Them

Beginne am Anfang

"I'm not doing this right next to my family. You're going to have to fucking wait." I whisper. I push past him, walking down to the room that Damon, Stefan, and Bonnie are in.

Oh, and Brandon.

Kai suddenly speeds over to me.

"You're a fucking tease, you know that, right?" Kai asks in another whisper.

"Just for you, Mr. Parker." I whisper back before opening the door. Bonnie immediately stands up and rushes over to me, hugging me. I hug her back, not wanting to let go.

"Did you actually bring them back? Did you bring back the Mikaelsons?" Bonnie asks in a whisper, pulling back from the hug to look at me.

"Yeah. I did." I whisper back.

"Why?" She asks. I accidentally let a smile slip onto my face.

"Why? Because they're my family that's why." I reply.

"We're your family, too." Bonnie says, almost as if she's trying to stand her ground.

"No shit. I never said you weren't. I can have an extended family, B." I state.

"I just don't want you to forget about us." She admits, looking down.

"I would never forget about you guys." I whisper. She nods.

"I do ask that you guys go back home, though. I know it's all of a sudden, but I still have things to discuss with my family here, and I don't want any of you getting caught up in it." I say quickly.

"We get it. We'll go. We'll wait for you, okay, E?" Bonnie states. I nod.

"Don't go yet, though. Esther invited me and Kai to stay here, so we're going to need some stuff from back home. We'll go with you, so we can get it." I add. Kai suddenly turns to me.

"What? We never agreed on that." He states, clearly confused. Bonnie looks over to Damon and Stefan.

"We'll leave you guys to talk about this." She whispers, dragging Damon and Stefan out of the room with her. Brandon looks around.

"I guess that's my cue, too." He smiles, quickly walking out of the room. Kai's eyes stay on me the entire time.

"Your mother gave us time, so we could talk about this. I know this is your family, Elle, but you can't make the decision on your own." Kai remarks.

"You don't get to decide my decisions for me, Kai. I'm not six years old." I argue.

"Well, you're fucking acting like it." Kai mumbles. I just glare at him as I turn towards the door, getting ready to leave.

"Noelle Parker, get your ass back here!" Kai yells. I turn around.

"I don't give a fuck what you think is best for me right now, Kai. I'm going to stay here with my family because I want to get to know them better, and I just want us to be a family again. You don't have to stay if you don't want to. But don't push that decision onto me." I snap. Kai rubs his face with his hands.

"I want to stay here with you." Kai whispers.

"You're not making it seem that way." I mumble. Kai walks towards me, grabbing my hands.

"I'm not letting you stay here alone. I know you don't need me to protect you, but it makes me think you're safer when I'm near you. It's selfish, but I'm not leaving your side, Elle," Kai insists. "I'll stay here with you."

I smile at him, and I cup his cheeks with my hands.

"You can be a real ass, you know that, right?" I ask with a small chuckle.