Kabanata 34

Kabanata 34 : Likewise

After we had lunch, he said that he wants to tour me around Clark. Hindi na masiyadong mainit ngayon at mukhang nakiki-ayon iyong panahon. Napangiti nalang ako.

We took my car but he volunteered to drive. His eyes were glued on the road while I'm deeply staring at him. How could he age like fine wine? He look so good when he was younger but now, I don't know what to say, mas lalo siyang naging attractive sa mata ko.

"Stop staring, Raszea. Baka matunaw ako." He chuckled. My breathing was hitched by hearing his chuckle.

"Whatever," I said and looked at the window.

Nakakarelax talaga rito. The trees made the place even more beautiful.

"Why did you choose to work here?" I asked him, he glanced at me for a second before looking back at the road.

"Mom's here and so is Jinova. Mas tahimik dito." He answered and he turned the car looking for a parking space.

"Have you been to many places na?" Tanong ko. When I was in Florida, I only got a limited chance to visit places. Sobrang busy ko rin sa school at syempre sa recovery ko noon.

"Not that much. Ikaw?"

"Hindi rin masiyado. I was focusing on my recovery and after that I was busy with school." I answered. He was now staring at me because he just parked the car.

"Was Treyvor with you in Florida?" He asked in a small voice.

"Uh... yes. He was with me." I answered and looked at his reaction but he just extended his hand and reached for the strands of hair in my face.

"I should thank him for taking care of you," he just said and pinched my cheeks. I thought that he'd be jealous but what he said made my heart melt.

"Let's go?" He said after a couple of moments staring at each other. We went out and walked under the trees. I went near him and held his hand.

"Perfect fit," I whispered as I stare at our intertwined hands.

"It fits just for you," he said back and wrinkled his nose.

My heart fluttered because of that. Isinandal ko iyong ulo ko sa braso niya.

"I've always dreamed of this," He glanced at me. Kumapit ako sa braso niya at mataman siyang tinignan.

"Us walking?" He flashed a smile.

"Yeah, us walking." he removed my hand that was clinging on his arms. He was facing me while he was taking a step back. Nang ilang metro na ang layo ko sa kaniya ay saka siya tumigil.

"Anong ginagawa mo?" I said laughing a bit but he just smiled again. Oh how would I love to trade anything just to see that smile of his.

"Dito rin naman tayo papunta 'di ba?" Kumunot ang noo ko pero hindi pa rin mawala ang ngiti sa aking labi. "Me waiting at the other side and you walking down the aisle."

I pouted and ran to him. Niyakap ko siya nang mahigpit, parang sasabog ang puso kodahil sa mga salitang sinasabi niya. It's been so long since I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"You and your words," I said while still hugging him. Naramdaman ko iyong kamay niya sa ulo ko at marahang hinahaplos ito. He kissed the top of my head and I can picture him smiling widely now.