Kabanata 15

Kabanata 15 : Advice

In just a blink of an eye, I was outside the house and walking towards the entrance of the subdivision. Mabilis ang kilos ko pagkatapos ko mabasa ang text sa akin ni Marcus. Ni sa pagmamadali ko ay hindi ako napansin ng mga katulong at ni Ate Helsy na lumabas.

I kept on ringing Marcus' number but he wouldn't answer. Mas lalong tumindi ang kaba sa akin dahil sa hindi niya pagsagot sa aking tawag.

Nagtatakbo ako hanggang sa makarating ako sa labasan. Agad akong nakakita ng taxi at paparahin na sana pero naalala ko na hindi ko nga pala alam kung saan ako pupunta. If he's in the hospital where her sister is confined then where is that hospital?

Tumunog ang cellphone ko kaya agad kong sinagot ang tawag sa'kin ni Marcus.

"Where are you? I'll be there, babe." I exclaimed but i just heard a deep sigh in the other line.

["Zea,"] he told me the hospital where her sister was confined. His voice seems so down that made me want to be there in a snap.

I immediately hailed a cab and told the driver the hospital. May kalayuan kaya medyo natagalan ako dahil na rin sa traffic.

When I arrived at the hospital I immediately went to the reception but damn, I don't know what is her sister's name. Bago pa ko makapagtanong ay nakita ko si Marcus na nakatayo sa 'di kalayuan at nakatingin sa akin gamit ang mapungay niyang mga mata.

I run to him and immediately enveloped him in a tight hug. He hugged me back and rested his head on my shoulder. I felt him slightly shaking and I can hear him stifling his whimpers.

I just tapped his back to make him feel better and for him to know that I'm here, I'm here to give him a shoulder to lean on.

We stayed there for a few minutes until he let go and let out a deep sigh. His eyes were a bit red, maybe he's trying so hard not to cry. He held my hand and pulled me on the corner where the stairs are.

"You can let it all out. I'm here to listen." Umupo siya at ipinatong ang siko sa kaniyang tuhod habang nakatakip sa kaniyang mukha ang kaniyang kamay. Umupo ako sa tabi niya at hinagod ang kaniyang likod.

"My sister has a Chronic Leukemia," his voice was shaky that tears formed in my eyes. "She's so young, Zea. She's so frail, Zea, She can't undergo some treatments. we couldn't risk it. I don't know what to do." A tear fell from my eye. He was so down and breaking down in front of me and I'm not used to it. I can't bear to see him this weak because it makes my heart ache.

"Let's just pray and do things that will make her happy just to lessen the pain she's feeling. " He moved and wiped some tears that fell to his cheeks. He brushed his hair and looked directly at my eyes. he slightly nodded and went to me for a hug. "We should be strong for her, Marcus. Kayo lang ang makakapitan niya kaya dapat hindi ka nagpapakita ng kahinaan sa kaniya. She will get hurt if she saw how down you are earlier. Let's just be strong, okay? I'm always here." 

"Thank you, Zea. I'm sorry for making you see how I break down." Umiling ako at hinawakan ang pisngi niya.