Kabanata 31

Kabanata 31 : Tough

My phone beeped again followed by another text from jane.

From: Jane

Anyways, he said that he dropped something in your car. Well, I hope it didn't got your hopes up.

Then she send it with a winking emoji. I took a deep breath, and type in a reply.

To: Jane

Ano daw nahulog niya? Tell him that I'll look for it. Ipapadala ko nalang diyan sa ospital kapag nahanap ko na iyon.

Jane replied but she said that he didn't told her what he dropped in my car. Hindi na ako nagreply pagkatapos non, I just patiently waited for mommy.

I think Mom and Dad are a bit fine now after what happened these past years. It hurts for my part that their relationship got scarred. But what can I do, it's their choice.

Nang makita kong papalapit si Mommy ay ngumiti agad ako sa kaniya.

"Let's order first, are you hungry?" she asked and got the menu.

"It's fine mom," I answered and picked from the menu too. I just ordered a pasta and some vegetable salad while Mom ordered some rice meal and a soup.

"How have you been in Clark?" Mom asked while we're waiting for the food.

I cleared my throat, "It went well po, nagkaroon po kami ng medical mission sa Zambales noong isan araw po." I started and continue the story by telling her what's only important.

We we're just talking about work when Mommy suddenly changed the topic.

"Do you have plans to get married? You're not getting any younger hija,"

"I know mom, it's just that it's not my priority and besides, I don't have a... boyfriend." She sighed and laughed a bit.

"You don't have a thing with Treyvor? You don't feel anything towards him?" She asked and I squeezed my hand below the table.

"I only think of him as a friend, Mommy and to be honest since then.. I tried to like him but love can't really be forced, Mom."

"Yes, I know that. Love should be felt and not be forced. I just want you to be happy when you fall in love, hija. Choose the one who will accept your flaws and will not hurt you, that's all I want for you, Raszea." I nodded and stopped myself from crying. Gladly, the food arrived and we started eating. The pasta was so delicious and it was just perfect for my taste.

"What if you should take a break and maybe take a tour around the country?" I smiled at Mom's suggestion.

"I want to focus on work muna po," I politely declined. Tumigil na nga ako sa trabaho ko sa Clark tapos ngayon naman hindi nanaman muna ako magtatrabaho sa Ospital.

"Okay, but are you not lonely or what? I'm really bothered hija, you should find someone who can take care of you.." Kumuha ako ng table napkin at pinunasan ang bibig ko bago ako nagsalita.

"I can take care of myself, Mom." I smiled and said it in a polite way. I know she's just bothered because I still don't have a boyfriend. I want to tell her that I don't need one but I'm afraid she might freak out that I'll stay single whole my life.