Chapter 22

I woke up with a shock, sweating while my heart beat furiously. I took deep breaths coming myself down. I woke up from a dream. Well, actually, from a nightmare. I still comprehend the fact that Tyler kissed me. I calmed myself down a bit. I do6nt like him and he know that. So why did he do it. Bringing him to my house was a complete mistake.

I got up from my bed tired but quite awake. I went downstairs to the kitchen and got a glass of water. My throat felt a bit scratchy. I walked back to my room and instead getting back into the bed, I walked to the balcony and open the sliding door. I didn't realize how cold it was. The cold breeze hot my open skin causing me to get goosebumps. I sat down on the chair and looked at the stars. Clearer than ever. That's a bit weird seeing there's pollution in the world.

I didn't dwell on the fact and decided to just look. The stars were really beautiful, but I couldn't stay here forever. Eventually the sun would come up and the stars would disappear. I didn't check the time before I came out so it was a real surprize when the sun started to rise after a while of sitting outside. The beautiful mix of colours was beautiful the colour then became more defined and the sun started to blind me.

I got up and made my way to my bed and sat down. I took my phone of the charger and saw 103 text messages and 25 missed calls from Tyler. I sighed and threw my phone towards the other side of the bed. I decided to not leave this room until later. I didn't want to know what my dad would do today. It's his last day before his trip meaning he would want to do something special before he leaves.

I switched on the TV and went onto Netflix and searched for something to watch. Anything to keep mind occupied. I stumbled upon a show about a devil, called Lucifer. I ended up playing the show and avoided the worlds problems.

***

Don't blame me even though it is my fault, but I kind of watch 9 episodes of Lucifer. It's not my fault. The show itself is addicting and when you have a male lead like that don't expect me to not binge watch.

I had to use the bathroom and I saw the time and I decided to stop before my dad finds out I was awake this whole time. I brushed my teeth and tried to clean up as much as I could, but I was still sleepy.

I opened the door, reluctantly and walked downstairs. My dad was making a big meal in the kitchen which was weird seeing as I can make stuff for myself while hes gone.

"Morning." I said as I sat on the stool.

"Good Morning." He said all cheerily. Dont be so happy father. You're only going for a week.

"What's all of this?" I ask.

"Oh, remember I told you I'm going to ask someone to stay here with you." I mentally rolled my eyes and nodded. "Well, I was talking to the Jade and shes coming over tonight to say goodbye."

So I guess Jade's staying with me. That's fine with me. But why are they acting like it's a grand finale so everyone must say goodbye. I'm not even in the correct mindset to even have a thought like that but here we are.

"Ok then. I'm going back to sleep."

"No. Take a shower then do whatever you want until 5 then come down for dinner." He said as if it was the strict orders of how to dismantle a bomb. I gave him a weak thumbs up and groggily went back to my room.

I made it to my room and I actually got myself into the shower and freshed up properly this time making sure Im actually awake. I sit on my bed again and see the messages and texts from Tyler double. I ignore them and switch Netflix on again.

My father did give until 5 to watch. Why not?

***

5oclock came too quickly and demand a recount. The minutes went to fast. Now I have to have dinner with Jade. I love Jade and all but shes no Lucifer. I get downstairs and see the food set in the dining room and my dad not in sight. I reach the lounge and take out my phone again.