Chapter 11

I walked with Jade and took my eyes off Drew. He looks fine but where did he go? And why was he gone for so long. I have so many questions but i couldn't get the answer right now. I tried to let it not bother me since Jade had Garret standing right in front of me.

"Jake, this is Garret." She introduced. He looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it. She introduced him to me. We shook hands.

"So, uh.." I tried thinking of something to say but I was lookin for Drew but he seemed to have disappeared. Great now I need to find him. On my search, I found Jade pointing at Garret. Right, focus on the task on hand.

"Are you looking for someone?" He asked seeing me looking around.

"I was, but I can't seem to find them."

"Would you like me to help you??" He asked in a polite manner.

"That's.. not necessary. I'm mean, you didn't come to a party for hide & seek. Let's get a drink." We walk toward the kitchen. I try to look for Drew while trying to not make it obvious. Jade looked at me again. She looked confused at what I'm doing. I'm serious feel like pushing her in the pool like calm down, I'll talk to Garret but I'm a bit stressed out at the moment.

We entered the kitchen and Drew wasn't there. Garret had gotten himself a drink. I got so irritated, that I made a shot for myself and had it. I almost spit it out but Garret was watching me. Disgusting. I swallowed it and made a disgusted face. It was obvious to Garret that I disliked it.

He took the bottle away from my hand and caught my attention.

"I know you want me to think you're good at this but your face says otherwise."  He was correct. I was trying to impress him but I failed at that. " Let me help you."

He made the shot properly this time while I watched. He drank it but he made the same face I did.

"I see your not an expert either." I said after trying to contain my laughter.

"Well, I thought I did." He shrugged and grabbed his drink. "Anyway, let's forget the shot incident." I grabbed a cup and poured a drink.

"Cheers to that." We knocked our cups and drank from there. After like 3 drinks, we talked about random stuff. He didn't seem like a bad guy. After our 3 drink I stopped, and I just talked. 5 minutes later, Jade came by.

"Could I steal Jake for one moment?" She asked.

She grabbed my arm and took my to the lounge.

"So, he doesn't seem that b.." I started.

"Why have you never mentioned Hazael during the time I've known you??" She asked.

"This again. We never talked about anything before we knew each other so I never brought up Hazael. Also, now that I'm thinking about it, why are you asking this?"

"After you and Garret went to the kitchen, Hazael and I started talking. She is so nice and so funny. Why have been hiding her?" She hit my shoulder while she said the last part.

"I'm having fun with you crush. I have no time for this." I walked away. I think I'm a bit drunk.

"The only reason I'm letting you go is because of Garret." She stated as I walked to the kitchen landing by Garret. "So did you tell her whatever Intel you could about me?"

"No." I said. "She and my old best friend are asking me why I kept each other from the other one." I said with a bit of confusion.

"Oh OK. I thought she liked me." He said.

"She does. She's just preoccupied at the moment. But if she wasn't occupied, she would be bothering us every 30 seconds."

"Well, now that you confirmed my suspicion, I should ask her out, right?"