Gray POV (and the end of a story)

The world paused for a minute. The windy breeze was still breezy, but it wasn't as violent as before. The sky was already shades of pink. The crashes of two cars seemed, but a distant nightmare. Everything that had happened in the past months, was gone. In front of me, stood Carmen. Her face was surprised, but also very plain. The man on the other side, was confused, but wasn't going to ruin the moment. The trees around us gave off calmness in this world. But in just a quick second, everything snapped back. We looked into each other's eyes. We didn't even know what to say. At one time, in sync we both spoke.

"I'm sorry."

"No, Gray, you don't have to be your usual forgiving self. What I did... What I said was wrong. I should have never called you a thief or-" I wrapped my hands around her in a hug. Hesitantly, she hugged back.

"I'm sorry it took so long to come back to you." I whispered. I could hear her faint laugh.

"You stole my heart...and that's the only thing I want you to steal." She said , so only I could hear. I smiled. Even though we had been through... a whole story's worth of memories, been through heartbreak and heartache. There was always something amazing about how we got here. I guess... the story isn't done, unless there's a happy ending.

"I love you too, Carmen." I say. We don't separate for a few seconds. I could tell we both wanted this moment to live. When we finally did we took some time to look at each other. This is who I wanted to spend my life with. She felt it too. We got snapped out of our moment when we heard small sniffles. We turned around to see the man Carmen came with doubled over in tears. He wiped his eyes vigorously to get rid of the tears, but they kept coming.

"I am not crying because of some sappy teen love story if that is what you are thinking." His voice was wobbly, and very very french. Me and Carmen both laughed and looked at each other again. Staring deep in each other's eyes. This moment was broken by a sound of a phone ringing. Carmen checked her phone, but it wasn't her's. I, had thrown my phone to a wall... it was a long story. That left the guy, which I now knew was Chase Devineaux. He checked his ACME pen, and it was indeed vibrating. He clicked the back button and Chief showed up, closing her eyes and putting her fingers to her head like she had a migraine.

"You seriously haven't gotten them back together, Devineaux? It was one simple task-" She had opened her eyes, and saw us. Me and Carmen, holding hands. She found Chase with her eyes and scowled.

"I told you to call me when they meet! Honestly Devineaux, you should be fired! All you had to do was click one button..." Her voice trailed off as her eyes fixed on the car.

"Is the car.."

"See I can explain." Devineaux started.

"I thought this was going to be the last one!"

"I couldn't get the controls. It was an accident." He kept going.

"No Devineaux, YOUR and accident." She took a breath. "I'm sorry, it's just, that car cost me more money than I can pronounce."She straightened her suit and breathed again.

"I can see my sources haven't kept me as updated as I thought." She says. Before I could answer, Carmen asked a question.

"What are your sources?" Chief didn't say the answer immediately.

"You know that mailman?" She asked Carmen.

"Yes..." She replied and then the realization dawned on her face.

"And the taxi driver." Chief adds, directing the question to me. I remembered when I came to Argentina for the first time, the taxi driver...

"And" Chief said "Abby." She quieted a little. Both of us knew what this meant. Abby wasn't being seriously annoying for no reason, she was being paid. Carmen spoke first.

"Why did you want us to break up?" She asked.

"Sometimes.... You need to know how much you would miss someone if you lost them to truly love them." We were confused. But one thing was for sure. Me and Carmen had become closer. We had learned more about each other.

At the end of that beautiful day, by the sunset of a lifetime. A roller coaster of a story. And a million ways to say goodbye. The only promise that we made, under an oak tree in Argentina, was that we would always, always, come back for each other.

This is the end of an amazing journey, that not only Carmen and Gray had, but me as well. I think that we all want to find those people that get your jokes, and get what you have to say, and I am happy to say, that is what you are to me, all of you. The people that comment, the people that vote, and the people that read. Every time I get a notification, I feel happy, you guys make me feel really good about myself. I want you guys to feel goo about yourselves too, so I'm going to do some shout-outs. If you are not a part of it, I still love you, let me know in the comments so I can add you to the shout-outs! 

till then....