Carmen POV (problem✅, maybe ) LONG CHAPTER ALERT!!!

3 days later with Bob the typeface \ (•◡•) /

*This has been: 3 days later with Bob the typeface!*

For some reason, ever since I texted Gray I wanted to break up, I regretted it. I mean, what was to regret? He was lying to me. You tell me a superhero's name who fell in love with a liar. No one! Because no one does that! I went to the kitchen to find my mom washing the dishes. On the table was a plate of chocolate chip cookies. I love cookies. Cookies didn't lie. I picked up a fresh one, right off the plate and immediately regretted my action.

"Ow!" I dropped the cookie back in the plate and went to the bathroom.

"Mom, why didn't you tell me! Mmmm." I tried to conceal my pain and frustration.

"You're an adult now, you have to start learning to not touch hot cookies!" She yelled from the kitchen.

"I didn't even know they were hot though. Mmmmm!" I gritted my teeth to hide my pain.

"You're not a kid anymore. Your mom won't always be there to save you from cookies!" Was she really trying to turn this into a life lesson? I came out of the bathroom and kept staring at my burning finger. White spots came up and the pain had no mercy. I made a mental note to not trust my mom's cookies anymore. Cookies were evil.

I washed my hand again. The pain was still there. Like it was there, but I had to move on. I heard the bell ring. I opened the cedar wooden doors and there was the mailman. The guy I should have listened to in the first place.

"I have a package for" he turned it around. "Vera Cruz?" He said handing me the package.

"I'll take it." I say grabbing the package.

"How's the love life?" He said, smirking. He already knew it hadn't worked out.

"A mess... like you said." I say avoiding eye contact with his I told you so face. I looked down at the package, and thought about Gray. He was- I couldn't even find words. I thought about our memories. I remembered how happy I had been to see him. He really had made me happy. I frowned a little after our break up after just a little fight. It was stupid, I mean, we had a strong bond. We were supposed to be the "Wonder Couple". I could tell the mailman saw my face when he sighed.

"Look kid, you never know when he might come back." I didn't look up and he sighed again.

"I told him I would never come back for him." I said. Tears came in my eyes, but I wouldn't shed them. I was stronger than this.

"My ex-girlfriend came back." He said. "And you know what she said?" He asked me, as if I knew.

"No." I say, but I had to admit, I was pretty curious.

"Nah, you're too young." He said laughing. I had to admit, it kind of made me feel better.

"I best be going." He said and walked away, leaving the package in my hand.

"Wait." I say. "Don't I have to pay?" I ask.

"Well if you pay for an empty box, then yes." He said, chuckling and walked away. Weird, but wasn't everything. I closed the door and held the package.

"Mom, why did the mailman say the box was empty?" I set it on the table and walked to my mom who was in the kitchen, filling out papers.

"Because they are." She said and smiled up at me. Why would she buy an empty box?

"Because... I wanted Steve to pay a visit." She said standing up and walking towards me.

"The mailman?" I ask. "Why?"

"Because Steve is the love expert in town. He knows if relationships will fail or succeed. The mailman was a love expert now? What type of town is this?

"Even if that's true" I start. "He said that me and Gray would never work out." My mom takes my hands.

"And how much has happened since then mija?" She asks me, her voice soft. The truth was... a lot.

"You and Gray have grown, you both know a little more about love now. Remember how new it was before?"

I looked down to my feet.Now that I thought about it, I have. Me and Gray do know more about love. Not to mention each other. We've got something. My mom calmly lifted up my chin to face her. Her eyes looked into mine.

"Do you still love Gray mija?"

I didn't think about the answer, it just came out.

"I do."

Cookies are innocent, cupcakes are the evil ones!!!!

Vote and comment if you like!