Chief POV

I cannot believe what I am going to ask Mr. Calloway. This was way too crazy, I was supposed to be working on real cases. Like, prosecuting the V.I.L.E leaders. But no, I was here, butting into Carmen Sandiego's love life. I walked over to Mr. Calloway's bedside.

"Shoot," his accent seeping into the word.

"Are you and Carmen a thing or something?" God, I actually said it! He looked at me funny and then laughed. He turned serious.

"You're not joking, are you?" He asked. I looked him right in the eye and raised my eyebrow.

"Just answer the question Calloway. Are you and Carmen a couple or not?"He stared at the white hospital walls behind me and sighed.

"As far as I know, Carmen thinks of me as a friend." He turned quiet and I walked towards the door.

"Thank you, Mr.Calloway." I smiled, but he didn't move. He just stared into space.

Before I could leave the room he spoke.

"When am I going to be out of here, Chief?" Still staring.

"2 months Calloway, that electrical shock wasn't harmless." I said and walked out.

Type "O" in the comments if you think that Chief states the obvious every time she talks lol.

Hey! I thought I would early update since I got 95 views! I will update again on the weekend if I can. Thx so much for reading this book everyone. I checked and I am ranked #20 in the "carmensandiego" tag. YOU GUYS DID THAT AND I AM SOO GRATEFUL FOR IT!!!! I searched up my title today and found I was probably in the top 70 results and that is HUGE. I was wondering how it got there and then I was like "MY READERS ARE GIVING ME A PRESENT" and then started happy crying so you are really making an impact on my life. The comments you guys leave are literally so sweet :). I always think my art is bad, but you guys are so nice, and you tell me it's good. I also got votes so thx for that :). Even if you can't vote or comment, just you reading this amazing! This is now officially more thanks then story, but whatever. Y'all are amazing!