[28] 𝐄𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲

Some hearts understand each other even in silence

ARABELLA

After everyone had finished cleaning and giving me the side-eye for a reason unknown to me, we all came to sit outside on the deck. With a giant fluffy blanket thrown over us, Kade and I were snuggled onto an egg-shaped swinging chair, that Kade refused to let me swing around in.

Meanie.

Cooper and Enzo were sat extremely close on an island lounger whereas Avery sat sipping a can of coke on a cosy hanging chair. So it's safe to say, we were all pretty snug and warm. Especially since Kade lit a bonfire in the pit in front of us. The deck was a semi-circle shape made from light grey wood and black trimmings, it looked expensive. Imagine all the muffins and pretty dresses I could buy with that...

Talking of clothing, Kade picked such a pretty outfit for me! Well, I packed it but still. So thoughtful...

"Baby," speak of the devil and he shall appear! But he was already here...

Meh, whatever.

I turned my chin up to look at Kade, a gummy hanging out my mouth. I raised my eyebrow, questioning why he wanted my attention but before I could say anything, he leaned down and used his teeth to take the gummy from out from my teeth.

"Hey, that was mine!" I pouted, furrowing my eyebrows and narrowing my eyes.

"Sharing is caring," He looked amused and began tracing circles on my bare stomach, sending a zoo of butterflies to my stomach.

"Hmm." Kade leaned downed and enveloped my lips with his, but before I could indulge in my boyfriend any longer, we heard 'awes' and 'ewes'.

"Aren't you two just cute?" Kade pecked my nose before glaring at the voice who interrupted us. Guess who? Yep, it was Enzo.

Avery looked disgusted and turned to watch the flames whereas Cooper just stared at Enzo's side profile. They're definitely boyfriend and boyfriend.

"Gee. Sorry dude." Enzo muttered in reply to Kade's deadly look and tried to hide himself in the pillows of his seat.

"Who wants to play truth or dare?" Avery piped up, throwing the squashed can behind her. That's littering, save the turtles and that.

"Sure!" Enzo chimed, a gleeful look back on his features.

"No." That's all that Kade said for everyone to stop talking and look at us.