[1] 𝐆𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬

be the moon
And inspire people
Even when you're far from full

be the moonAnd inspire people Even when you're far from full

ARABELLA

I stared up at the massive building in front of me. I've never been here before and it looks anything but fun. Intimidating even. Why would mama bring me here? I thought school would look a lot more exciting but no.

"Come on bella, you can't stand here all day. You want to go meet all the teachers, yeah?" My older brother, Axel, said.

Axel is 19, and very tall. He's like a literal giant! Mama said that he'd look over me whilst I'm here as you never know what could happen. She also said something about me being 'smarter than the average 16 year old' so I can be in some of his lessons, which I'm very grateful because these giants look very strange, and mean.

Axel has a larger build due to football. I love watching him play it. It's amazing how he can make something really scary and dangerous seem exciting. The best part is when he throws me in the air when he gets the ball past the white line. Its his celebration. Though on the odd occasion, he will kiss his girlfriend of the week instead. I never understand why he has had so many girls, I'm waiting for my Prince Charming. Football seems simple but my little brain doesn't understand the concept of the 'game'. Loads of the players get hurt but I thought games are suppose to be fun, like monopoly, Twister and the cool pool games we play on holiday.

His best friend Charlie also goes here. I like Charlie, he buys me books and gives me chocolate chip cookies whenever I want. And a bonus is that he is handsome, but he is too much like my brother and also changing girls which is a big no.

"Will you stay with me, all day? These giants might stand on me. I'm too pretty to die." I exaggerated and let my lips fall into a fake pout.

Despite my playfulness, he understood how scared I actually was, I could tell by the sympathy in his blue eyes. "Of course. Come on, let's get you to the office".

I held Axels hand in a tight grasp and followed him into the big building. It was just like I read about. Big blue lockers (majority of which looked slanted and rusty), tiled flooring with a couple stains, terrifying teenagers pushing and shoving each other through the halls. This looked worse then the horror movie I watched, Shrek. Just the name gives me shivers. Who wants to watch a big green ogre and a talking donkey? Certainly not me! It gave me nightmares for weeks.

After a couple minutes and weaving our way around some odd looking people, we arrived in front of a set of big red doors with the words 'OFFICE' on top. Axel pushed the doors open, igniting a cringe worthy squeak and engaged in a small conversation with the old woman behind the white desk, but I was too busy looking at the artwork behind her. It was beautiful. In golden rimmed frames, artwork of all sorts sat- portraits, landscapes, animals and simple sketching. I'm guessing they were all done by students of the school.