[6] 𝐒𝐤𝐞𝐭𝐜𝐡

I caught myself smiling but then realised I was thinking of you

KADE

I watched Arabella stumble out the diner, cheeks coated red. Adorable. The whole time she was here, I was just watching her. Tapping her glass, licking cream from around her face and poking her tongue out when she was focused on colouring a page from the kid's menu; enough actions to make any man lust after her.

"Yo. I'm talking to you bro. What's got you distracted? Another slut?" Enzo's words angered me. But I couldn't do anything because he knows I'm not the type to chase a girl nevermind actually feel something for a pure little thing like herself.

"Uh, I need to tell you something," I said, quite obviously nervous. Gesturing for me to go on, I told him all about Arabella and my infatuation for her. "...I mean she's so fucking pure and selfless. I've known her two days and I already feel a strong urge to protect her. What the fuck is happening to me?"

Enzo just stared at me blankly for a whole ten minutes before smiling a blinding grin.
"I knew something was going on with you! What's her name?"

"Arabella Carter. She's like 5'2 and a fucking goddess."

"Carter? Sounds familiar." He was deep in thought before a smug look printed his face. "she's Axel Carter's little sister. Football Captain. She has homeschooled most of her life before coming here."

Homeschooled? Wait. "how do you know all this?" I interrogated, suspicious of his depth of knowledge on Arabella.

Apparently, what I said was really fucking funny causing him to break down into laughter. It wasn't even a little quiet one. No. It was one where he clutched his stomach, banged the table and gasped for air; catching the attention of everyone. He's so fucking embarrassing.

"Bro you're so whipped. She gave you that bandaid on your head didn't she?" Nodding, he broke into more laughter. "fuck sake. How do you know her?" I pressed harder. If he wasn't my best friend, I'd punch him so hard in the throat he wouldn't be able to ever fucking laugh ever again.

"Calm down loverboy. I heard him and Charlie Williams talking about it in the boy's locker rooms. She's also in my economics class and I tell you, she's fucking smart. And yeah I admit she's adorable" I clenched my fists, "but not my type". That's a relief. I wouldn't have hesitated to bang his head off the table. Shit. He's right, I am whipped.

Before anything more could be said, Tabitha, a 40-year-old woman who owns the diner approached us with a paper in hand. "hello boys. Did you behave today?" She knows us too well. With a charming smile, I replied, "of course Tabitha. You know me, always on my best behaviour"

She scoffed, not believing a single word I uttered. "Actually Tabitha, Enzo here skipped school today!" I saw Enzo tense as we both knew what was coming. "ENZO BARTHOLOMEW BLACK" he cringed at his middle name as I suppressed my laughter. "WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT SKIPPING SCHOOL. YOU NEED TO GRADUATE AND BUY ME A BEACH HUT IN FIJI. IF I FIND YOU SKIP ONE MORE TIME THEN YOU WILL GET THE ROLLING PIN. OKAY?! TUT, TUT. BOYS THESE DAYS!" taking a deep breath she continued, "Kade. For being a good boy I'm going to give you a free milkshake".