[36] 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐲

Something tells me I'm going to love you forever

ARABELLA
•Warning•
Mature content ahead!

As cliche as it sounded, I woke up with the sun bouncing off of my skin and tightly wrapped in sheets.

Yesterday was so fun! It was nice to relax with my baby Kade and wear matching onesies. He looked so adorable in his... a man who is too buff and cold towards others all wrapped in a fluffy blue Stitch onesie was really a sight to see. Not to mention the boots he bought. They're so shiny and stylish. I wonder if they'll match the onesie- Kade and I could go for an early morning walk wearing both items. I'd have to make sure Kade put his yellow bobble hat and scarf on; it tends to be quite chilly nowadays in the morning.

Rolling over to wake Kade so I could tell him my idea, I expected to cuddle into him but was bewildered when I was met with an empty space. Groaning, I ran my hand over his side of the sheets to notice it was cold. With my detective skills, I knew that meant he'd be gone for a while and he'd even tucked the now lilac sheets (chosen by moi) in on his side. Always so neat.

Pouting, I whine Kade's name in a sleepy tone, hoping he'd walk through the bedroom door any second with a glass of orange juice. "Kadeeee!"

Silence.

"Ughhhh," I was about to throw fists at his cushion because he left me, but as I raised my fist I noticed a post-it note in the design of a Sausage dog stuck to the headboard. Though my heart fluttered at the fact he cared enough to make an effort and leave a note instead of just saying nothing or sending a message, I was still sceptical to read his neat handwriting. Why? I don't know.

I pulled the sheets to my chest and used the hand that wasn't folded under my head to pick the note up and bring it up to my squinted eyes.

Morning my little baby,
I apologise that I couldn't be there when you woke up and bless you with my handsome face. I'm guessing by the time you wake up I'll be home in around 2 hours- we did go to bed quite late so I know you've had a sleep in. I'm at the gym doing paperwork then I have a quick meeting with Patrick and a few men who are coming from out of town. I'm also going to do a quick leg and stomach workout.
I love you and I already miss you,
K.
Ps. I made breakfast and left it in the fridge.

If you're wondering how he managed to squash all that onto a small piece of paper, that's due to his small but flawless handwriting. It's like textbook writing- but neater.

I looked over at the alarm clock and gasped when I saw the time.

11:52